Found a carb counter that works with me

Or for me. Works well with my habits and personality type:

Phone and PC. Updates nicely on both with any entries. It works so well I actually got the pay version. Super slick.

It helps me, no cheesing on the carbs. Tons of FOOD selections which are also customizable and set-ups. I find if I make the first couple days, suddenly so easy. And really I can keep those useless carbs at bay. It helps me with reminding even at restaurants, DON'T ADD SUGAR TO THE SAUCE AND IF THERE IS SUGAR IN THE SAUCE - NO SAUCE!

Maybe I'm just excited because of the newness still but I love this app.

1663948530210.jpg

Strictly avoiding carbs is how I wowed my doctor. He acted amazed.
I'm jaded enough to consider professionals would speak encouraging words or make encouraging faces but this doctor seemed blown away.
He literally said, "97% of my patients can't do what you did." That makes me think patients who lose >11% of their weight land in some "top 3%" category.

Whatever, just stick with it. No matter how much you want carbs, stay strong to your goal. You will feel better.

its not rocket science BUT if it works for you its good! little weight to loose but low carb dropped my BP to what i was in my 20's + although rarely doctoring then at regular blood donations i got a reading. today at 74 YO i know a lot more + can take my BP at home. i only eat twice daily + NO snacks or insulin activating drinks either. lo carb controls insulin which is rarely tested + thats whats healthy!!

Should be aiming for 1 gram protein per goal body weight.

Doesn't address carb issue and all protein is not the same. Add to this we all metabolize and react to diets in different ways. I have found that I respond well to low carb and higher plant based diet. Unfortunately, I believe it takes a good amount of trial and error which so many of us aren't going to put the time in to figure out.

Or for me. Works well with my habits and personality type:

Phone and PC. Updates nicely on both with any entries. It works so well I actually got the pay version. Super slick.

It helps me, no cheesing on the carbs. Tons of FOOD selections which are also customizable and set-ups. I find if I make the first couple days, suddenly so easy. And really I can keep those useless carbs at bay. It helps me with reminding even at restaurants, DON'T ADD SUGAR TO THE SAUCE AND IF THERE IS SUGAR IN THE SAUCE - NO SAUCE!

Maybe I'm just excited because of the newness still but I love this app.

View attachment 118100

THat looks like a solid system to track. I need to check it out. I cut 90% carbs and it sux but overall feel a lot better and more energy for gym and the fun stuff I like to do (hike, bike, canoe & kayak). Hardest part was ditching my beers! Loved crat beer since late 80"s. Big IPA fan. Liquor is rare so it's wine and seltzer's. Ahhh first world aging problems.

Something that helped me a lot was a plant based protein/meal replacement powder, Huel. No tie to them but I do like the product.

Sugar and most all super carb things gone. Caffeine gone.

I feel pretty good.

Keep moving!
Haven't done the Caffeine thing yet! But after so many years a sugary treat makes me ill feeling and the sweetness is disgusting.

Haven't done the Caffeine thing yet! But after so many years a sugary treat makes me ill feeling and the sweetness is disgusting.
Yep.

Caffeine = higher BP, eye issues, peepee issues, sleep issues, metabolism issue. I feel so much better.

Plus the diet somehow allowed me to stop all the latest antihistamine pill for every little allergen, like a triple bonus!

Yep.

Caffeine = higher BP, eye issues, peepee issues, sleep issues, metabolism issue. I feel so much better.

Plus the diet somehow allowed me to stop all the latest antihistamine pill for every little allergen, like a triple bonus!

I need to hear about the caffeine! What was your previous intake? Experience quitting?

I need to hear about the caffeine! What was your previous intake? Experience quitting?
I-3 cups per day, usually I could get it down to one if I tried. But as I hit mid 60's my body didn't like it.

If for (serious) medical reasons you need off caffeine (yeah I know, but there it is) and don't want splitting headaches and the dope effect.
But still want the coffee ritual.

Day 1-Day 7 75% your reg coffee beans - 25% Good (Swiss water process) decaf beans
2 weeks 50%-50% decaf
1 week 25%- 75% decaf

You should be used to light enough caffeine at this point that you can now go full decaf and only be a bit dopey for a day or two with no headaches.

You can mess with this as you need, worked for me.

There are some really good decaf whole beans out there these days. Look locally first. Then maybe online.
Talking Crow here for me. Trader Joe's. Even Starbucks whole bean decaf. I've also bought whole bean decaf from Amazon.

Back