Found 37 qts of GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little background. A couple weeks ago, I called one of our stores after searching the UPC code that someone posted in one of the GC threads.

Our hub store showed a stock of 37 quarts but it had it listed as 10W-30. I knew this was incorrect because this was the 0W-30 UPC code. I had a day off today, so I drove to the hub store. Two bottles were on the shelf but they were the U.S. variety with the red label. I asked one of the managers on duty to let me into the "oil trailer" which houses oil which doesn't fit in the back...it was kind of like looking through an old storage room.

I must have had my sniffer on, because I immediately found a stash of it. The date codes found that most were M05 variety, made in Germany. I snatched up 10 of them and we found 20 total. I left some in the trailer. I figure if I want some more, I can always get it later...I know where it is.
grin.gif

With that said, my car is specd for 5W-20. I have a 2.3L 2006 Ford Fusion with a manual transmission. I have done a few mods to it, including a reflash of the PCM. I have heard a lot of good things about the GC, but I have yet to use it. Would my car be a good fit to try out out the GC? I am running a 5W-30 in it now during the summer and our summers are HOT. Thoughts? What is in this magic GC that makes it so good? I figure I can give it a try for two oil changes unless I hear that it may not be a good fit for my car. Thanks in advance.

Local AZ offered me 12 qts at two bucks each. They say it didn't sell and the manager said he wanted to get rid of it. I asked if I could look in back for more and we dug around and found 8 more. He was so happy to get rid of all 20 that he gave me an oil filter wrench and a funnel. I though that was the least he could do, considering that I helped him out. I'm afraid that GC 0w-30 is gone. So I'm switching to RLI. I'm also going to swithch the Trubo Volvo from Red Line to RLI. When I use up the GC the odd amount left over is going into the lawn mower.

bump...any thoughts of giving the GC a try in my 2.3L manual Ford Fusion?

Maybe if MS is super hot this summer....otherwise a good 5W-20 or 0W-20 full synthetic might be better.

I'd run Redline 5W-20, Amsoil 0W-20, Mobil 1 0W-20/ 5W-20, or Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20.

I'm running SynPower 5W-30 right now during summer and my car is running nicely on it. I do have two oil changes worth of GC now, I'll probably save it until next summer and give it a shot then. I've got GC, PP 5W-20, Amsoil XL 5W-20 and SynPower 5W-30 sitting in my inventory. I was going to run one more SynPower OC and then switch to the Amsoil when the weather starts to let up.

Quote:

Local AZ offered me 12 qts at two bucks each. They say it didn't sell and the manager said he wanted to get rid of it. I asked if I could look in back for more and we dug around and found 8 more. He was so happy to get rid of all 20 that he gave me an oil filter wrench and a funnel. I though that was the least he could do, considering that I helped him out. I'm afraid that GC 0w-30 is gone. So I'm switching to RLI. I'm also going to swithch the Trubo Volvo from Red Line to RLI. When I use up the GC the odd amount left over is going into the lawn mower.

Where was this store located?

My AZ said all their old is on consignment (I think that was what they said) So they can't sell the oil for any cheaper, unless their distributor says so or there is a sale on it. They have about 20 quarts of US 0w30 Mainly because I had them bring in 0w30 from other stores in hopes of getting GC.

North County San Diego, near a place where I do some contract programming. Part of the problem is that all the labels are in English and most of the employees can't read them. They are completely out and they are not getting any more. I was glad to help them get rid of it, especially since it's too thin and will ruin your engine. I hear that the AZ in Oceanside has some left, about 12 quarts.

Lonnie, you're such a fine, upstanding citizen and a super nice guy for helping him rid his store of such a useless, thin product
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back