Found 2 old pennzoil containers!

Found these 2 containers,at my local walmart, on clearance Gor $6.96. Few months ago,they were $9.
How do these old containers compare too PUP in the black containers? I have 3 left I bought clearance,autozone 2013.planning too use this coming winter.for a98 Buick lesabre.
I left the 2 in my backseat of car for few days.24 degree F weather. The oil in the containers,were on thick side. As I wrote this post,(took one container in last night room temp room) its much more thinner, not as thick. Are they the fake synthetics? Third not as thin,as real synthetics.its GF3 rated oil...blend I think.?
Anyhow wanted too share with everyone here!

Attachments

• IMG_20220314_151407_burst_01.jpg
    IMG_20220314_151407_burst_01.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20220314_151422.jpg
    IMG_20220314_151422.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 124
SL--- so my 2002 ranger only required SJ
That is era 2001-2004 ~~
Yeah! If was trying too remember the era it was in.I thought 2004/5 era. I wasn't too far off.
I noticed,leaving them in car, they were kinda thick,as it was 24 degrees outside. Took one in,..the pic.room temp overnight,it was much thinner oil. For me,not a good oil for winter. I planned on using the 3 Pennzoil black containetRs,10w30,and these 2 old pennzoils.
But,the 2 seem better for 95 degree summers.but I don't wanna waste the 3 black pups .this r true synthetics,meanings their ccs will pump flow fast in freezing.
Thinking for june, ill use the 2 in picture in post and mix with with 3 qurarts,valvoline (I've always wanted too try it,never did) or with super tech dino.
Help me decide!?
I've used Pennzoil dino before.goid oil! Over 10 years ago. Try something different this time.
I have maybe 6 bottles left,of discontinued valve line silver bottle oil addtive,I found at Napa mid 2000s. Maybe add a container of that..

I'm not a believer in mixing oils other than top offs but I suppose if you want to use them and you use them in your 98 3800 it would probably be ok, that engine would probably run on canola oil.

I found these old containers of oil in a house I bought to flip. I dont think I'd use it in my lawnmower lol
20210403_145353.jpg

expiration dates? or is that only when opened?
Ie cars that sit around have the age change need even if not the mileage put in...
Is that need a facile, fake news, conspiracy by the oil companies...

I'm not a believer in mixing oils other than top offs but I suppose if you want to use them and you use them in your 98 3800 it would probably be ok, that engine would probably run on canola oil.
Why is that?

Why is that?
If your asking why I don't like mixing, I do annual changes so the oil I use has to go thru some pretty cold mornings and I'd rather not take a chance on the oil not performing like it should, personal preference I guess.

Last edited:
Back