Forum vote for the best fully synthetic motor oil on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by TEXDOG:
oil is like pizza, you want it thick or thin or just right.

I like that analogy.

I happen to be an Amsoil man. Can't argue with M1 or GC though. Redline seems to be a great race oil but not so hot on the street based on the uoa's I've seen. I don't know much about the others.

Someone said there were little UOA reports got GC. I am under the impression that BMW labeled oil is GC. Am I wrong? There are some BMW oil reports around plus I have seen a few GC reports here as well. It is a good oil.

Finally someone mentioned the E-46 M3 engine. The E39 M5 engine has the same requirment for Castrol 10W60. Keep in mind BMW "M" engines have always been streetable race engines. They are not like most everyday drivers and BMW expects people to pound the p*ss out of them on the track. As such, owners should use the oil the recommend.

My $0.02,

Don

[/qb][/QUOTE]The best synthetic oil is Mobil 1.

Best grades of Mobil 1 are 0W-40 and 10W-30.

itschy.gif

By the way, why did Royal Purple make your list?

crushedcar.gif

tongue.gif

cheers.gif

Jae [/QB][/QUOTE]

Where does M1 5w-30 fit in the grand scheme of things?

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
All of you have given me great information in regards to the best dino oil on the market and based on your comments I did many searches and erad up on the issue.

NOW - Please post your opinions for the best fully synthetic motor oil on the market,disregarding price:
Redline?
Amsoil?
Mobil 1?
Royal Purple?

(MolaKule) Price is not the issue. My question is in regards to overall performance, keeping wear down and resisting heat oxidation, while providing good cold start properties.

Thank you all for your help !!

My vote goes for Kendall GT-1 synthetic. After all, it must be good if it has the nifty "V" sign on the bottle, right?

lol.gif

Bob W.

An almost two year old topic...
dunno.gif

In my opinion that is very application specific.

If I had to pick one oil for every gas vehicle on the market I guess it would be Amsoil 5W-40 "European Formula". I think it would cause the least overall damage in cars designed for oils from 5W-20 to 10W-60 and oil drain intervals from 3,000 to 20,000 mi.

Afterall the poster stated "The Best Oil" not the "Best Line of Oils".

Gene

quote:

Originally posted by Gene K:
An almost two year old topic...
dunno.gif

In my opinion that is very application specific.

If I had to pick one oil for every gas vehicle on the market I guess it would be Amsoil 5W-40 "European Formula". I think it would cause the least overall damage in cars designed for oils from 5W-20 to 10W-60 and oil drain intervals from 3,000 to 20,000 mi.

Afterall the poster stated "The Best Oil" not the "Best Line of Oils".

Gene

Amsoil S3000 is right there as well.

Thanks guys - you just named two oils that can easily stand by or above any of the previously mentioned oils.

But this thread is so 2003 (to use a teenage girl saying)....and so anti BiTOG knowledge.

I agree with all the folks - tune your oil choice for your specific application. Use Terry, use BiTOG, use your owner's manual, - use your brain - and select the correct oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back