Fort lee, New Jersey overnight parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How safe is it to park a car (in a hotel lot) for a couple of days and nights in Fort Lee? The hotel is at the terminus of the GWB.

Originally Posted By: Chuckinator
Fort Ree!

LOL! Originally from Bloomfield and know that expression all to well!

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Fort Ree!

Bergen/Camden County checking in... +1

Wow, it really is a remarkably safe are. Time to shelve my paranoia.

"According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI crime statistics, Fort Lee is safer than 83% of the cities and towns in the US of all population sizes. In New Jersey, only on the order of 18% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Fort Lee. If you live in Fort Lee, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in the community is 1 in 117. The US average across communities from the largest to the smallest is 1 in 31. It is for these reasons that Fort Lee is ranked as one of the top 100 safest cities in the U.S.A."

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nj/fort-lee/crime/#description

Quote:

You could be in Dallas, where they try to steal the wheels off your vehicle @ night....

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

You could be in Dallas, where they try to steal the wheels off your vehicle @ night....

Or here in Illinois, where they rip ground wires off utility poles and deface WW2 monuments just to get the flagpoles/copper wire to sell for scrap.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Fort Lee is relatively safe when compared to some other parts of NJ parts of NJ.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Fort Ree!

Well, since the question appears to have been answered and this thread is already slipping off topic:

A friend from high school married a girl from nj and they lived in Bloomfield when they first got married.

Originally Posted By: Joe1

Fort Lee is relatively safe when compared to some other parts of NJ parts of NJ.

Because of home rule, taxes to pay for services, etc., nj is fairly safe overall.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Or here in Illinois, where they rip ground wires off utility poles and deface WW2 monuments just to get the flagpoles/copper wire to sell for scrap.
smirk.gif

couple years ago in Dallas they were Sliding under people's Trucks with a Cordless Sawzall, and stealing the Catalytic Converters to scrap.

I've only driven through there and gotten gas at the last station on the turnpike, but it is a totally not scary place. I would be much more afraid to leave a vehicle just about anywhere in Birmingham.

Fort Ree!

Yes, I WISH that there were MANY more single, straight, eastern Asian women here in this area, like the density of them in that town, and some others in Joyzee.
frown.gif

(I am from western Union County originally, and hung out in the Parsippany area often.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back