Formulation Differential? RP Racing 21 vs. OEM RP 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two products have different Royal Purple prices and part numbers.

Are they fundamentally different? Although i do not have statistical infomaition heresay ahs told me the Racing RP 21 has less detergents than thier OEM 5W30

Thanks-

Another Post brought back from the Past, Yes the 2 oils from RP are formulated entirely diferent. The XPR or "racing" oils have 50% more synerlec additive as well as up to 50% more ZDDP. Plus the TBN's are higher on the XPR which hover around 12-13 vs. 9-10 on the Standard RP.

The Racing 21 (XPR) is a racing oil,while the regular 5W30 is a street oil. Both are true synthetics (grp IV pao). Neither is a blend,both are full,true synthetics.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The Racing 21 (XPR) is a racing oil,while the regular 5W30 is a street oil. Both are true synthetics (grp IV pao). Neither is a blend,both are full,true synthetics.

Really, no GP III in RP oils?
If that's the case then why doesn't RP say so in their literature and end all the speculation?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM

Really, no GP III in RP oils?
If that's the case then why doesn't RP say so in their literature and end all the speculation?

Email or call them and they`ll tell you straight up,instead of saying "RP is the factory fill of blah blah blah,etc".

I was under the impression that the XPR variety was a POE and the street variety is PAO. I have verified that their street oil is predominantly PAO but am not sure about their XPR version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back