Formula Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run 5W30 and 10W30 and I think it's great oil. Sorry, haven't used 5W20 but I'll bet it will be very good.

My dad was asking me about this oil as well, since HD has it for just under $3 a quart with the 5th quart free...so 5 quarts for $12. I really couldn't find much info on the oil at all, at least nothing recent.

I ran it for 3 OCs in my Azera. Worked well with no issues or anything out of the ordinary. PEP Boys had a special that allowed me to pay $5.00 per OC at the time (if memory serves).

Took a couple Ford 4.6L V8's up into the high 100k's and one to 200k running primarily Formula Shell back in the early 2000s. They ran just as strong as when they were new but I routinely ran 2500 to 3000 OCI on them also.

Well Ive been looking for a VOA and can't find anything except for one done 10+ years ago...and I assume formulation has changed since then. The old sample had very low moly, not much boron, and normal level of other detergents...didn't seem very impressive, certainly not a 200+ moly oil like the current QSGB.

I've been to two HD's looking for QSGB. The first one did not have the impressive automotive section like I've read about on here, but did carry Formula Shell and Pennzoil. All decently priced. The second one did not have an automotive section at all. I bought a case of FS conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back