Formula Shell, Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the local Menards (like a Home Depot) the other day to look at chain saws.We had freezing rain in Michigan and I have some trees down. Anyways while there I saw cases of Formula Shell for 14.16 a case,or 1.18 a quart. So I scored a case,what are the opinions on this oil?
patriot.gif

http://www.shell.ca/code/products/commercial/lubricants/tips/header_product_name.html

Copy paste the link above. I have no time to figure this cock-a-mami BS to post it as a link:) The numbers look good to me, infact so good that the reported numbers may be IMHO a composite of different batches. It looks like this oil, by the numbers is on top of the heap, Group II or Group III, hence my skeptisism.

these are the Canadian product sheets. I've used this oil for several years, owing to it's economical values. The only thing to complain about is some varnish on the dipstick during winter with a winter front installed and long , and I mean long periods at idle!

Shell is on track to become the predominate supplier of base stock and finished lube oils in the near future. In fact as a condition of purchasing Pennzoil/Quakerstate Shell will have to sell-off their interest in Excel Paralube because of market share.

I don't see why the Shell product would be inferior to other brands, unless they are willing to sell themselves short. Given that Formula shel seems to be available at a low cost albeit with limited availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back