Formula Shell 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probably be fine. The reason I say probably is because I don't know if it meets the Ford spec to comply with their warranty. That's if you're concerned with the warranty. If it does you're golden!

Just being frank here, I don't know of any SL, SM oils that couldn't make a 3K OCI. I like to stick to the best value name brand oils. That said, ST, Peak on an oil change special, even the parts store brands, should handle that with no worries.

Formula Shell will make 3K, but I'd like to know where you can find it in 5w20, and find it for a price better than the oil change specials such as Peak.

I guess what I'm saying is, if your set on running a 3k OCI, get the best value oil you can and don't sweat it.

Formula Shell 5W20 meets all of the specifications that are required for your F150.

Therefore, you should be able to run it for 7500 miles as recommended by Ford.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Just being frank here, I don't know of any SL, SM oils that couldn't make a 3K OCI. I like to stick to the best value name brand oils. That said, ST, Peak on an oil change special, even the parts store brands, should handle that with no worries.

Formula Shell will make 3K, but I'd like to know where you can find it in 5w20, and find it for a price better than the oil change specials such as Peak.

I guess what I'm saying is, if your set on running a 3k OCI, get the best value oil you can and don't sweat it.

Pep Boys doesn't sell Formula Shell in 5W20. While visiting my family in NY here is what my father did to get the 5W20 FS oil. He took the PB ad to AAP who sells Formual Shell in 5W20. They priced matched PB and gave him a Purolater PL series filter. Not a bad deal, problem is I don't see anyone running the FS OC special. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back