Formula 1 is going to sustainable fuel that could be used in street vehicles

F1 and maybe other ICE racing forums are in a death spiral. EV race cars make almost no noise.

Fill in the blanks;

Race cars w/o sounds are like ----w/o-----.

Formula E

images

This stuff kills me. You would need to be some sort of a bobblehead to believe this sort of crap. Coming soon honest travs fuel injectors and carbon offset scheme, you drive 1000 miles send me a $100 and I go plant some bushes in your name in my neighbors back yard at night. You are carbon neutral, I am cashing in, we all sleep good, win win.

Burning sustainable fuels does still release carbon dioxide as a byproduct, but unlike a gasoline engine, there is no net carbon dioxide emitted.

4WD

This stuff kills me. You would need to be some sort of a bobblehead to believe this sort of crap. Coming soon honest travs fuel injectors and carbon offset scheme, you drive 1000 miles send me a $100 and I go plant some bushes in your name in my neighbors back yard at night. You are carbon neutral, I am cashing in, we all sleep good, win win.

Man, all this time I thought carbon offset was when the meat was not right over the charcoal 😷

F1 already uses a hybrid scheme.
Energy density of gasoline is an order of magnitude better than batteries.

Formula E has been a failure, all the big teams are pulling out.
Races limited to 45min+1 lap. Multiple teams running out of juice before finish line is a joke.

Races limited to 45min+1 lap. Multiple teams running out of juice before finish line is a joke.
The Wright brothers had many failures, many practice runs. Their first successful flight was 120-feet. That same day they made three more flights, the last of which was about 850-feet and stayed up just about a minute. Gotta start somewhere and keep improving. From the Wright brothers to the moon in 66 years ... who'd a thunk it in 1903? Where will transportation be 66 years from now, where would it be if we don't keep experimenting and developing ideas.

Races limited to 45min+1 lap. Multiple teams running out of juice before finish line is a joke
Do you think that even our greatest innovators hadn't ran into failures? Each of them lost count of how many huge failures they experienced. Many ignorant people yelled at Henry Ford to "Ride a horse!". He kept on improving his designs and became exceptionally successful over time. Regardless of your phobias, gasoline is the new coal/ horse drawn carriage/ kerosene lamp.

Maybe my words were too harsh...I wasnt suggesting there is no place for it ever, or that failure is reason to give up...
I actually watch Formula E and hoped for it to be more interesting.

The energy density of battery technology is a technical limitation that puts it at a disadvantage.
This is just a fact. Not ignorance. For a given range they just weigh that much more.
This limits top speed, race lengths, etc. Things that are typically important to the sport as it stands today.
You're characterizing that i'm rooting against the technology or fear it? No I look forward to further improvement.