Formula 1 0W30 Extreme Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only bought 1 litre and kept the receipt. I can do a UOA or return my German Syntec 0W30 and buy more of this stuff. Can anyone tell me how it stacks up against the others? Anyone use it? Good or bad experiences with it??
Thanks!
Rob

Rob,

i know you're into winter oils, but where the heck did you dig this stuff up?!
grin.gif

I've never heard of this one before--is it a synthetic? Really can't imagine anything that would work better than German Castrol 0W30 or NEO 0W5 for your climate!

[ August 21, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Rexman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Yuk:
It is a Canadian Made "house brand" synthetic blend. Only available at Canadian Tire stores.

Yup, and most, if not all of Canadian Tire's house brand oil lineup, is actually made by Shell.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Not a bad pedigree, for sure.

But we don't know if any of the house brands are the same as the brand labeled oils or if they're made with cheaper components to meet a low bid. My Canadian friends all call Canadian Tire "Crappy Tire" or "Canadian Junk."...do they have a reason to do so? Would their house brand oil be top line?

Ken

Hehe, I call it Crappy Tire too, or the Newfie Speed Shop.
smile.gif

It sure would be interesting to see someone do a UOA on one of their synthetic blends or full synthetics to see how the quality stacks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back