Forester Tires

Have 78k on the OEM Yokohama G91's. They have 4.5/32nds left currently. Getting some Michelin Defenders on sale this week to replace them. Hoping they last at least as long as the OE Yokohama's!!!

Feel free to share your support or what tires I should've gotten instead so I can second guess my choice for the next tens of thousands of miles 🤣🤣🤣

Honestly, I'd have gotten another set of Yokohama's with that kind of service.

I also wouldn't get an alignment, sounds like it can't get any better than that. Nothing to fix.

OE tires aren't that great, and 78k on a set of tires probably means a lot of highway driving :unsure:

There is nothing wrong with the Defender, but perhaps you should've considered the CrossClimate or some other 3-peak all-season tire.

Have 78k on the OEM Yokohama G91's. They have 4.5/32nds left currently. Getting some Michelin Defenders on sale this week to replace them. Hoping they last at least as long as the OE Yokohama's!!!

Feel free to share your support or what tires I should've gotten instead so I can second guess my choice for the next tens of thousands of miles 🤣🤣🤣
Suggest you go read the reviews at Discount Tire and Tire Rack to compare the tires. Get the one that seems to fit your preferences.

"Inherited" a set of new Defenders (a few hundred miles on them) with a used Volvo Cross Country I got last year. I have had them 14 months now and I am impressed. Very capable tires; they will do whatever the Yoko could do and likely more - I can't say I've had the exact same tires on the exact same car in the exact same conditions to say that authoritatively (who can?). I have had (other) Yokohama tires in the past and I respect the brand and would buy again. But the Michelin seem just a little bit better in my estimation. They will likely not last as long as your OE tires, but you will not be disappointed.

OE tires aren't that great, and 78k on a set of tires probably means a lot of highway driving :unsure:

There is nothing wrong with the Defender, but perhaps you should've considered the CrossClimate or some other 3-peak all-season tire.
I contemplated that. But we really don't get into much snow or ice. Only when driving through the passes, which we don't do often. And AWD is a traction device, so I went with the 99% of conditions it's driven in. Highway commute.

I've honestly never had a set of tires not go well past their mileage warranty. I don't think these Yokohama's had a mileage warranty, that I could find. One of the reasons I didn't buy them again.

I contemplated that. But we really don't get into much snow or ice. Only when driving through the passes, which we don't do often. And AWD is a traction device, so I went with the 99% of conditions it's driven in. Highway commute.

I've honestly never had a set of tires not go well past their mileage warranty. I don't think these Yokohama's had a mileage warranty, that I could find. One of the reasons I didn't buy them again.

I had assumed you dealt with snow a lot because you got a Subaru, but then I remembered that the Forester has a big sunroof, the only reason to buy one :D

I had assumed you dealt with snow a lot because you got a Subaru, but then I remembered that the Forester has a big sunroof, the only reason to buy one :D
I spent 3 decades on snow covered roads. Never had snow tires. After moving now it rains all winter with snow at the higher elevations. I drive a Corolla. That's how much value I see in AWD. I bought the Corolla for it's sports car handling and exotic car power. My wife grew up in the higher elevations so Subarus are a cultural thing I can't speak poorly about without big trouble. The two Foresters have been good to us. Except for the whole head gasket thing on the 2006. Otherwise it was oil changes and diff fluid here and there. And a trans fluid change every few years. The 17 gets great gas mileage (32-34 commuting) for its size. Actually comfortable seats for road trips. I just want a set of tires that'll last for 4-5ish years given 20k/year. I'm not made of money. I see these lifted, $80k+ trucks passing me with tires that'll cost $1500 or so to replace and I smile looking at my be 42.4mpg's on the dash.

Anyway, back on topic...

The answer is always KO2.

For real though, the Defenders seem like a great choice.
11D6C1DD-CD2E-4122-BA08-8C2D4A1E670A.jpeg

a buddy just replaced the OEMs on his 2019 Outback with those Michelin Defenders the last time Discount Tire had their many rebates and flash sale on them...the other tire he was considering for it was the much loved on this Forum General Altimax RT-43s...

Bill

I put the Defender LTX M/S on my wife's '19 Pilot. 97% is around town and highway family trips. The other 3% is Beach, gravel / light mud to hunting cabin and towing (light utility trailer). The Defenders work perfectly for that and much quieter than the stock Bridgestones.

If I ever wind up doing more off road or forest trails than maybe something more aggressive. I put Falken Wildpeak AT trail's on my father-in-laws Jeep Renegade. The Pilot see's more offroad than his but he wanted the look also. Doing research in them actually was a lot of reviews with people having them on Subaru's. Quiet on road, 3PMSF, ride nice, just a little more off-road capable.

Pilot does run 4 winter tires for the season (as do 3 other family vehicles). The safety aspect of stopping/turning on snow and ice outweighs the cost of tires vs my insurance deductible and injury potential. I buy spare rims, normally factory for the snows. The tires last 4-5 winters pending use. Rims lasted all the years I had the vehicles and got sold if they didn't fit next one.

Not made of money either. My 3 season tires last an extra year or 2 as they don't get used in winter. Still paying the same in the long run between 2 full sets per vehicle and safer when needed, just an initial investment.

I accidentally "reported" someone's post on here. Finger hit the link on my phone for report. My apologies.

a buddy just replaced the OEMs on his 2019 Outback with those Michelin Defenders the last time Discount Tire had their many rebates and flash sale on them...the other tire he was considering for it was the much loved on this Forum General Altimax RT-43s...

Bill
Yes, I was contemplating the RT43's but DT had the $110 off sale again. I think it was your post I "reported" by accidentally tapping the "report" link while scrolling on my phone 🤦‍♂️ Hopefully the mods realize my inaccurate fingers are the culprit...

Back