Forester Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by KrisZ
Looks like Subaru has taken a page from Toyota's book when it comes to "sport" models. And who can blame them when Toyota is becoming pretty much a deity.
Subaru simply want some of that blind following too.

Except the Camry has over 300hp and the new RAV4 Prime does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds...

I'm waiting for ANYBODY within a 20 mile radius where I drive to even accelerate at more than 1/4 throttle.

I dust everyone around me with a 1.4L "motorcycle engine" Jetta.

Mustangs, Volvo S60, WRX, Infiniti coupe - All at sleep behind the wheel.

People just slugging along talking on the phone or playing with their phone.

The New fwd Jetta GLI 2.0t stick is Faster AND Quicker than a then brand new 1967 Shelby GT500

I'm not saying the VW is a good car - just that its quick.

dang, you keep beating me to the next stop light. ruin my day.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Looks like Subaru has taken a page from Toyota's book when it comes to "sport" models. And who can blame them when Toyota is becoming pretty much a deity.

Except the Camry has over 300hp and the new RAV4 Prime does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds...

That does not mean sport.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by edyvw
Same as Camry Sport Edition.
You talking about the TRD? If so, you're wrong.

Tell me about that sport achievement called TuRD?

Originally Posted by ediamiam
Originally Posted by Ws6
Hopefully the forester XT comes back.

Not likely when they only sell 1 in 20 with the XT.

If they do it correctly, it will sell just fine. Mazda has no issue moving turbo CX5's, and Toyota plans to move those RAV4 Primes just fine, as well.

Originally Posted by Ws6

"Sport" means whatever the manufacturer wants it to mean. The Camaro SS got a ram-air hood and different shocks. Probably one of the most iconic "SPORT" (SUPER SPORT, no less) models of your day.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

"Sport" means whatever the manufacturer wants it to mean. The Camaro SS got a ram-air hood and different shocks. Probably one of the most iconic "SPORT" (SUPER SPORT, no less) models of your day.

DOes that mean if manufacturer puts on a car Space Shuttle it is Space Shuttle?

Well, this Forester just has "sportier" styling and 1" bigger wheels. The TRD Camry has:

Car And Driver Link

The TRD's front brake rotors are 0.9 inch larger in diameter than those on the next-sportiest Camry, the XSE V-6 model, and are squeezed by two-piston calipers instead of single-piston units. Toyota also has retuned the feel of the brake pedal. Stiffer springs and stiffer, larger-diameter anti-roll bars (27.0 millimeters thick versus 25.4 millimeters on the XSE) increase the Camry's resistance to body roll by 44 percent in front and 67 percent in the rear. The suspension changes are matched by stiffer underbody braces and a V-brace behind the rear seats (as a result, those seats cannot fold as they do on the regular Camry). TRD also fits dampers with internal return springs and revised valving compared with the units on lesser Camrys.

If this sounds a bit ridiculous in the context of a Camry, we're not done yet. Just look at the matte-black, TRD-specific 19-inch wheels. Not only do they look tough, each one is 3.1 pounds lighter and half an inch wider than the XSE's 19-inch rollers; Toyota also wraps them with Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. And then there is the fast-and-furious body kit, which includes gloss-black lower-body add-ons—complete with a red pinstripe—and a rear wing supported by two struts.

Originally Posted by ediamiam
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Ws6

I'm waiting for ANYBODY within a 20 mile radius where I drive to even accelerate at more than 1/4 throttle.

I dust everyone around me with a 1.4L "motorcycle engine" Jetta.

Mustangs, Volvo S60, WRX, Infiniti coupe - All at sleep behind the wheel.

People just slugging along talking on the phone or playing with their phone.

The New fwd Jetta GLI 2.0t stick is Faster AND Quicker than a then brand new 1967 Shelby GT500

I'm not saying the VW is a good car - just that its quick.

dang, you keep beating me to the next stop light. ruin my day.

HAHAHA, that was a good joke. (NOT)

Local example:
-55mph street, 2 -3 lanes, divided
-average on a good day is 35-45 mph. Just because. With a full at least 1/2 mile clear in front of them

I don't drive a sport car. And I don't drive over 3k-3.5k RPM.
It is a Mazda5=Mazda3 stock engine 2.5L old technology with a heavy body.

Yet, if I'm first at the green light, i look behind me and 2-3 lanes are 1/4 a mile behind me, while I drive the posted limit....

Riddle me this!?!?!?!?!

Yes. But it doesn't mean it can fly. However, NADA and KBB will reflect that trim level moniker forever more.

Do you get all antsy when "Platinum" trim levels contain no platinum? Or when you struggle to define "Premium" as a finite thing? Or have you even considered "Heavy Duty"? What's "Duty"? Does the vehicle serve in the armed forces or as LE, or...? We really can get literal, here, if you like...

Originally Posted by Ws6

Yes. But it doesn't mean it can fly. However, NADA and KBB will reflect that trim level moniker forever more.

Do you get all antsy when "Platinum" trim levels contain no platinum? Or when you struggle to define "Premium" as a finite thing? Or have you even considered "Heavy Duty"? What's "Duty"? Does the vehicle serve in the armed forces or as LE, or...? We really can get literal, here, if you like...

So basically we call this vehicle sporty although it is 5.7" tall 400lbs heavy person trying to do 0-100m sprint. But you know, he has passion.

Well, this Forester just has "sportier" styling and 1" bigger wheels. The TRD Camry has:

Car And Driver Link

The TRD's front brake rotors are 0.9 inch larger in diameter than those on the next-sportiest Camry, the XSE V-6 model, and are squeezed by two-piston calipers instead of single-piston units. Toyota also has retuned the feel of the brake pedal. Stiffer springs and stiffer, larger-diameter anti-roll bars (27.0 millimeters thick versus 25.4 millimeters on the XSE) increase the Camry's resistance to body roll by 44 percent in front and 67 percent in the rear. The suspension changes are matched by stiffer underbody braces and a V-brace behind the rear seats (as a result, those seats cannot fold as they do on the regular Camry). TRD also fits dampers with internal return springs and revised valving compared with the units on lesser Camrys.

If this sounds a bit ridiculous in the context of a Camry, we're not done yet. Just look at the matte-black, TRD-specific 19-inch wheels. Not only do they look tough, each one is 3.1 pounds lighter and half an inch wider than the XSE's 19-inch rollers; Toyota also wraps them with Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. And then there is the fast-and-furious body kit, which includes gloss-black lower-body add-ons—complete with a red pinstripe—and a rear wing supported by two struts.

Well, when you compare to standard Camry, sure, it is an improvement. But bar is not high.

Originally Posted by Ws6

So basically we call this vehicle sporty although it is 5.7" tall 400lbs heavy person trying to do 0-100m sprint. But you know, he has passion.

You protest for "truth in naming" far too much for a VW owner...

https://nancyfriedman.typepad.com/away_with_words/2008/06/how-the-tiguan-got-its-name.html

The Sport name and stripe is ugly yet these vehicles sell in high volume for Subaru. They come out with the real performance version of everyday vehicle with associated 0-60/HP AND maybe 5-10% bite. Subaru is correct to not bother......

Wife had the 2005 Legacy GT wagon turbo manual where only 1000 total produced and abruptly stopped production with manual transmission. Mine was sold with $3k rebate at invoice because no one interested in it. The local dealer even drove 250miles from upstate NY to get it for me. Point is no one cares about powerful(eg sport) versions of plebeian vehicle generally with a few exceptions.

there isn't.....it's the same ol same ol'e....like black appearance pkg, night edition, and whatever other acronym they come up with...

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

You protest for "truth in naming" far too much for a VW owner...

https://nancyfriedman.typepad.com/away_with_words/2008/06/how-the-tiguan-got-its-name.html

I mean, insecurities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back