Fords Windshield Wipers

Maybe it's just my Ford Edge but this vehicle must have like seven different Windshield Wiper settings and a few appear to be the same speed. And none of the settings delay long enough. Are all Fords this way ?

As PimTac said, there adjustments for the sensitivity of the automatic wipers and for the interval of the intermittent wipers when not in automatic mode.

When I saw this thread I thought it was going to be able the absolutely insane amount of part numbers for Motorcraft wiper blades and I was going to go on a huge rant about it. Got all worked up over nothing.

There are only so many wiper delay settings you need. Cars with higher price points tend to have more wiper delay settings. With 7 settings it’s likely they are only 1.5 seconds delayed apart from each other so it might seem like they are the same.

A lot of GM cars have automatic vehicle speed compensated wipers. Quite a few of my GM cars had it, even a base model Cobalt. For most driving conditions I would just leave the delayed wiper setting on its longest delay and it would automatically work its way up the fastest I drove.

Maybe your Edge has something similar and it’s hard to tell what delay setting it’s in.

My bet is auto wipers also.
They will wipe if the window is slightly fogged also.
Can be irritating on cool mornings.

On my truck, you can turn the auto off.

Are these automatic wipers? If so the adjustments are for sensitivity and not interval.
There is a sensor on rear view mirror that I didn't know it had. I guess I'll have play around with the wipers to figure them out.

My bet is auto wipers also.
They will wipe if the window is slightly fogged also.
Can be irritating on cool mornings.

On my truck, you can turn the auto off.
Same with Tahoe … works well most often … turn to manual when not …

Back