Ford warranty and DIY OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Receipts work but it obvious when oil changes are not done. If you do 5K oil changes and if engine work needs to be done it will be apparent the oil was changed in a timely manner. I'm surprised Ford has not created an owner account where things like this can be documented. Chevrolet and Ram have sites to document maintenance.

Lets put it this way, its very obvious when they aren't done. I have only seen claims denied a few times. One time we had a customer with a Mustang where the engine was blown and everything under the hood just didn't look right. Ford requested service history and the customer provided it. From the shop his dad owned, oil change receipts every 3K and all the RO numbers were sequential and all created within 10 minutes of Ford asking. For reference the side of the block was windowed. I happened to leave a note with our Service Manager that the Friday before I was in the chase car when the Mustang in question lost to my friend's Mustang in a street race. The cars both had turbo kits and the one in our shop had blown the motor during the race. I am pretty sure pieces of connecting rod bounced over me.

I keep all maintenance records in a 3x5 notebook in the glove box of each vehicle with the date, mileage, work done and part numbers of the parts and the viscosity of the oil or fluids used. I do this more for my own records than for proof for warranty work. I do keep receipts for most all parts but not usually for oil and oil filters. I'm pretty anal about oil changes so I'm not worried about getting denied a warranty claim for the engine or even the drivetrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back