Ford Spec wss-m2c945-a 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tabor
Originally Posted By: wag123
For the money, QSUD is hard to beat! It is Ford WSS-M2C945A and GM Dexos 1 rated, has low noack volatility, runs quiet, and is readily available (easy to obtain).

I won't argue with any of that. However, only their 5w-20 is Ford WSS-M2C945A. If you want to run a Ford WSS-M2C945A 0w-20 the only one that I am personally aware of is M1 (although there could be others).

The OP was asking about 5W-20 oils, not 0W-20.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Does the oil you want has the sn in the api logo?does it have the energy conserving mention in the api logo?then you are set .it will likely do what ford or any manufacturer ask of it (within the specified viscosity,usually)want better?jump from dino to blend,even better ? Go full synthetic

Yet another display of useless information from yvon.....

i have a 2013 5.0 f150 it seems to like the Motorcraft 5w20 semi syn. Seems to run real smooth on it.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
I like M1. I recently bought a Ford Expedition (5.4L 3V) that requires this spec. I decided to run M1 AFE w/ M1 filter. So far, so good, but I wouldn't really know if it wasn't.
Originally Posted By: azera
i have a 2013 5.0 f150 it seems to like the Motorcraft 5w20 semi syn. Seems to run real smooth on it.

Gots to challenge anyone who says an oil makes their engine run smooth. Placebo effect. We can't tell if a car is running Walmart SuperTech or Mobil 1, just can't tell. A lot of what we do is listen to experts, read specs, and just hope. In a world where company secrets hide wear performance specifics, we just cross our fingers and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back