Ford Says Electric F-150 Will Start Under $40,000. It Can Also Power Your Home

A solemn voiceover declared it "an electric truck that can match the ambitions of this nation."

Ford CEO Jim Farley made a simpler case: "It hauls ass and tows like a beast."

I'm a Ford guy but that thing is ugly...AF, looks like a ram and a chevy had a kid.
Bet the 230 mile and 300 mile battery is exactly the same, just lets you have more depth of discharge to get the 300.

Limited range problem solved;

1621515584968.jpg

For those who want a truck for just home Depot runs, it looks fine. For towing, I'm guessing the 230 mile range is about 1/2 that, plus you won't drive all the way to zero so what 70-80 mile range?

For those who want a truck for just home Depot runs, it looks fine. For towing, I'm guessing the 230 mile range is about 1/2 that, plus you won't drive all the way to zero so what 70-80 mile range?
And don't turn the heat on on MN or range will drop in half.

independent rear suspension
Makes me wonder: will any one flip out and say that it can't be a real truck if it's got an IRS?

For towing, I'm guessing the 230 mile range is about 1/2 that, plus you won't drive all the way to zero so what 70-80 mile range?
Another thought: for the average homeowner, what are they towing? I'm guessing a travel trailer? although toy haulers are getting more common, I guess, just speculating here. Anyhow: once one gets to the campground, they're going to want to charge. Will the typical campground stand up to that?

[Not trying to be negative here, just some thoughts off the top of my head.]

I don't have a problem with electric vehicles, but will wait for the range and infrastructure to be there. I don't want to stop every 2 hours for 30 min to charge on a trip. I still don't think they are made for cold climates yet where heater use would severely affect range. If you use it for running around town on shorter trips and you could come home and charge it, I can see it.

This is one way for Ford to fix the oil consumption and cam chain rattle problems!!!

Makes me wonder: will any one flip out and say that it can't be a real truck if it's got an IRS?
I bet with a 2k payload capacity and 10k towing capacity it's going to behave nearly identically to a truck with a solid axle anyhow.

Back