Ford Sales Are Gaining

tig1

Originally Posted By: buster
Maybe Ford will be the lone survivor.
I hope not. Many good jobs are already lost.Toyota will survive with their world market share, but they do seem to be slipping abit quality wise.

Lets see the Detriot automakers sales were in the pits last summer due to high gas prices so Fords 11% drop from last year is a 47% drop from 2005. Meanwhile Honda was having record sales last year so this year copared to 2006 shows only a 20% drop overall in sales. Apples to apples comparison so the real losses facing Ford......

Originally Posted By: Buick92
Everyone is losing money, Hyundai seems to be doing the best right now.
I think that is because they are a small automaker compared to the others and are value oriented which is driving the market at the moment due to the economy...

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Hyundai are pretty decent cars for the money, I would definately buy one before I bought any GM vehicle.
+1 \:\!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
 Originally Posted By: Buick92
Everyone is losing money, Hyundai seems to be doing the best right now.
I think that is because they are a small automaker compared to the others and are value oriented which is driving the market at the moment due to the economy...
I read one of those "dreaded" MSN articles where they were taking about the 10 cheapest vehicles in the U.S.A. I think hyundai/Kia had 5 out of 10!

Not because I drive a Hyundai or because my mom drives a Kia, but MSN is usually full of tabloid style information if you ask me...

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Hyundai are pretty decent cars for the money, I would definately buy one before I bought any GM vehicle.
I would rather cut my Richard off with a rusted steak knife than buy a Hyundai. I am advising my sister to buy a 2010 Buick LaCrosse. I have driven the Genesis V6. You can pickle that thing in some hot suace.

Big gains for Ford here, made better cars than GM for the last few yeaers but didn't have the youth market. so close to no #1 now it isn't funny. The XR6 series Falcons are selling like gangbusters!

Originally Posted By: DeeAgeaux
I would rather cut my Richard off with a rusted steak knife than buy a Hyundai. I am advising my sister to buy a 2010 Buick LaCrosse. I have driven the Genesis V6. You can pickle that thing in some hot suace.
I bet you I will still be driving my 06' Santa Fe when your La-cost La-Cross is in the scrap heap, and I have already put on 170K KM (over 100K Miles) on it! ;\)

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Lemme know in 2027 if your Santa Fe is still on the road ;\)
Why 2027? Not like the La-cross is going to be here then...

I saw a White Kia Soul today in South Beach..I had to do a double take...It is the perfect kids car [16-20] but not for someone over 25...Someone over 25 would look kind of ridiculas drving it IMHO. Being the car is so small I would be worried about my kid being involved in a crash in it with all the red light runners and crazy drivers down here.