Ford recalling 850,000 vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
2014 is the year of the recall!

It sure seems that way.

Yep, but I'm glad to see them addressing things that need attention.

The airbags are fine, its the restraint control module that is the problem. The abs, traction control and downhill assist lights will come on too

The unfortunate part is that it isn't the car companies that will pick up the costs....it will be the consumer through increased
new car prices.

Frankly, I wish we weren't forced to have airbags in our vehicles. They are expensive, and complex with their computer controls, and not always effective or in some cases can actually cause more injuries than they prevent.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Frankly, I wish we weren't forced to have airbags in our vehicles. They are expensive, and complex with their computer controls, and not always effective or in some cases can actually cause more injuries than they prevent.

.......what year are you living in?
Your point had some merit back in the early 90's, but not today.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

.......what parallel fantasy universe are you living in?
Your point had some merit back in the early 90's, but not today.

Fixed it for you

I didn't read the various links. But Ford does not make airbags, they subcon that out. So, does it cost Ford $500M in the end, or some fraction of that as they will sue the subcon for not only "free" replacement airbags but some sort of penalty? [Their contract may state what is expected if something like this were to happen for all I know.]

Is this recall the fault of the airbag manufacturer like it was with several other brands who had to recall their cars due to airbag troubles?

This is a pretty stupid question, but honestly what is causing all the recalls all of the sudden?

Within the last 10 years, has there ever been this many recalls?

fordlol.jpg

lol

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
This is a pretty stupid question, but honestly what is causing all the recalls all of the sudden?

Within the last 10 years, has there ever been this many recalls?

Terrible quality control.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

It sure seems that way.

Its been "the year of the recall" since Toyota started it off with the "sudden unintended" acceleration issue 3 yrs ago...where have you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back