Ford Recalling 135,365 SUV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by vad:
In 1999 Nissan had almost gone bankrupt, but got rescued by Renault when it had a $20 billion debt and only three of its 48 models were making any profit.
Not a fare comparison either.

I was thinking about my late 80's and early 90's Nissans vs. my Fords from the same time. The Fords were better cars IMO. Today, who knows for sure...

Nissan is doing much better by now which is evidenced by its stock.
Ford is strugling.

-

BTW, Ford still does better than GM:

-

[ April 15, 2006, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

quote:

Originally posted by mr_happy27:
Ford is still a good company and its good they are repairing the padding and accelerator issues.

Ford is still evil for not better protecting the Crown Vic's fuel tank. I find it horrible that more troopers have died in fires in rear ended CVs than people in Pinto fires.

Maybe if they'd use a bit of intelligence when determining where to pull cars over?

Fairfax County Police seem to get their jollies by pulling people over in the middle of a traffic lane during rush hour traffic.

Either that or they're not being trained to turn their lights on when the driver they want to pull over is near a safe place to stop.

That would make sense. I would also expect that there was a limitation on how worn the tires could be, too, in order to be eligible for replacement.

quote:

Originally posted by Tosh:

quote:

Originally posted by mr_happy27:
Ford is still a good company and its good they are repairing the padding and accelerator issues.

Ford is still evil for not better protecting the Crown Vic's fuel tank. I find it horrible that more troopers have died in fires in rear ended CVs than people in Pinto fires.

All of the CVs that caught fire were hit at very high speeds. If you hit anything at 70 MPH, there's a good chance fuel will leak and you will have a fire.

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
I think Honda's main relay problems are comparable in cost and time to replace with Ford's TFI-IV problems.

And wouldn't you know, there was never a recall for either...

Im curious about the main relays on Hondas, what are the symptoms and vehicles affected?

MFRelay was mostly a 90-93 Accord issue, but also happens on 94-97s. The symptoms are usually problems starting the cars when hot. Usually if you move the car into the shade and give it time to cool, you can then start it. It was cold soldier joint related and some have been fixed by DIYers by pulling the MFR and resoldiering the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back