Ford Ranger 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my 91 Ranger 2.3 with 153,000 on it about 2 months ago. I always used motorcraft oil. 5w30 in the winter and 10w30 in the summer. It used no oil and ran great when I sold it. Oh yeah I also used Motorcraft FL-1A Filters.

Thanks BlackF250! I was thinking of using the Havoline 10w40 High Mileage this summer. It's using a quart of oil in 3k oil changes w/ 10w30 Hav. dino.

You are a great candidate for an auto RX treatment. A ten year old vehicle with 130k is bound to have some deposits, this can lead to rings sticking, etc. There have been many people on this board that have used it and reported that their oil consumption was greatly reduced or eliminated. If you are not familiar with this product do a search and you will find only great things being said about it. By the way the 2.3 is bulitt-proof, so no matter what you use it will make it well over 200k. Best of luck! If you do use the Auto RX let us know how you make out.
cheers.gif

I had a '88 and put on 140K. I used 10W-30 in Pa. In Ala. I think you could thicken it up a little with some 10W-40 mixed with the 10W-30

Hey guys! Thanks for the replys!!! I think I'll try the Auto RX this spring. We bought it new and it's always been babied w/ maintenance and upkeep.
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back