Ford PSD - should I go from Ford Orange to Ford Yellow

According to the Ford document on backward compatibility for Ford yellow, if I flush out all the Ford orange and go to 100% Ford yellow I can eliminate the need to check the coolant with test strips and the need to add the coolant revitalizer. Now the issue is my Ford PSD needs a coolant service but I have 4 gallons of Ford orange on the shelf.

Is the pain of checking the coolent with test strips and adding revitalizer (really?) enough PITA to throw away 4 gallons of radiator fill.

Likely not. I would use the 4 gallons then switch.

According to the Ford document on backward compatibility for Ford yellow, if I flush out all the Ford orange and go to 100% Ford yellow I can eliminate the need to check the coolant with test strips and the need to add the coolant revitalizer. Now the issue is my Ford PSD needs a coolant service but I have 4 gallons of Ford orange on the shelf.
What?

1635515469279.jpg

You're probably going to spend the same in the VC-12 as you would to buy MC Yellow or Prestone AMAM and be done with it

Orange is fine and if you've already got in on hand its best to put it to work than to waste.

Back