Ford PowerShift Trans Campaign Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bdcardinal

It is the seal itself. The original ones were black and IIRC the "fix" ones are brown. It is a different design or material. They have the different color so a tech can quickly see if it has an updated seal or not.

No I get it that the seal is what is failing and the "new" one is a different color, but aren't those failing as well? Something has to be causing these seals to fail is what I was getting at above.

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by bdcardinal

It is the seal itself. The original ones were black and IIRC the "fix" ones are brown. It is a different design or material. They have the different color so a tech can quickly see if it has an updated seal or not.

No I get it that the seal is what is failing and the "new" one is a different color, but aren't those failing as well? Something has to be causing these seals to fail is what I was getting at above.

Yes, I heard that as well, almost seems like a problem with the interior housing or other related parts.

Just had the '14's clutch replaced under warranty at 87k. The shudder was really annoying, but we just lived with it since, at the time, it was just out of the last round of extended warranty.

The bigger crime with the car is the rust! The trunk lid is rotting, and the subframe has a lot of rust on the leading edge and also where the cloth-like spash tray holds the winter salt right against the soft steel. Just a stupid design for a car built in Dearborn.

The 1-2 shift takes far too long, but other than that the transmission is actually pretty good.

Originally Posted by antonmnster
Just had the '14's clutch replaced under warranty at 87k. The shudder was really annoying, but we just lived with it since, at the time, it was just out of the last round of extended warranty.

The bigger crime with the car is the rust! The trunk lid is rotting, and the subframe has a lot of rust on the leading edge and also where the cloth-like spash tray holds the winter salt right against the soft steel. Just a stupid design for a car built in Dearborn.

The 1-2 shift takes far too long, but other than that the transmission is actually pretty good.

That's strange ...my 2014 Focus has zero rust and has been totally trouble free (it's a 5speed M/T)….in fact...I'm on original brakes and tires as I approach 50K (which I've never achieved before)…..The suspension seems stronger than my Elantra's or Corolla's which needed struts and sway links due to the GARBAGE roads in high tax NY state....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back