Ford Pass Fail

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
New F250- has remote start on the key fob.
That aside I tried Ford Pass three mornings in a row from my cell and it failed all three times.
It has worked before however. Said Ford Pass is not available-try later.
The negative is it is so slow that I don't see anybody using it unless you locked your keys in the truck and good luck
with that. I wouldn't want to bet on it working when you need it.

So your remote starter won't work if you don't have a cell signal? That sounds like progress to me.

[I get it, most people live with great cell coverage, and Ford (and others) can now pass patches to the car w/o a dealership service. I get it, that's progress. Still. If I had a remote starter I'd expect it to work out in the boonies!]

So your remote starter won't work if you don't have a cell signal? That sounds like progress to me.

[I get it, most people live with great cell coverage, and Ford (and others) can now pass patches to the car w/o a dealership service. I get it, that's progress. Still. If I had a remote starter I'd expect it to work out in the boonies!]

I have great coverage- 5 bars but Fords app is always down or cornfused-lol
On a great day with everything right it is painfully slow too

Mine works great. I would try a Sync 3 hard reset. The procedure is in your owners manual. After doing that, you will have to pair your phone again.

Last edited:

You can still use the regular remote start on the key fob. The FordPass app also lets you remote start your vehicle and unlock(like OnStar).

New F250- has remote start on the key fob.
That aside I tried Ford Pass three mornings in a row from my cell and it failed all three times.
It has worked before however. Said Ford Pass is not available-try later.
The negative is it is so slow that I don't see anybody using it unless you locked your keys in the truck and good luck
with that. I wouldn't want to bet on it working when you need it.

My Sonata has remote start through Hyundai’s connected car phone app and it sounds just as unreliable as yours. It was included for 3 years when I bought the car but I deleted the app from my phone about a year ago because I wasn’t pleased with the service.

You can still use the regular remote start on the key fob. The FordPass app also lets you remote start your vehicle and unlock(like OnStar).

Yes and that is super fast and easy- hit lock x1 and 2x start-bam
Ford Pass........ I think I can, I think I can..........45 seconds later- no I can't....lol

Oh good. I wasn't sure if they would leave that off (just more parts to fail, right?). I mean, it's what I would need, something that would work without cell service.

Yes and that is super fast and easy- hit lock x1 and 2x start-bam
Ford Pass........ I think I can, I think I can..........45 seconds later- no I can't....lol
Yeah, FordPass for a lack of better words...just sucks. The rewards system is unreliable too, you may get points or you may not.

Yeah, FordPass for a lack of better words...just sucks. The rewards system is unreliable too, you may get points or you may not.
There's a reward system for using the remote starter on your car? Like they pay you to use the car?

Man, those reward programs are all over now!

There's a reward system for using the remote starter on your car? Like they pay you to use the car?

Man, those reward programs are all over now!
No you get service point rewards to your Ford Pass app.
However you should get rewarded for trying the app to start your car..lol

You get reward points for using the app? I thought it was a car not a credit card.

I'm confused. But then I drive a twenty year old Camry. No technology from this century for me!

You get reward points for using the app? I thought it was a car not a credit card.

I'm confused. But then I drive a twenty year old Camry. No technology from this century for me!

No-sorry
When I purchased my truck in 2 weeks I was supposed to get enough points that it would allow me to get $210. in free services
through any Ford dealer- They use the app to fund you your points and when you pay for service you continue to get points.
So those points are sent to your phone so it is easy to get the rewards.
The app does have good points- shows tire pressure etc. I'll try to upload a shot

Starting aside it has good features too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-102037.png
    Screenshot_20201103-102037.png
    117 KB · Views: 22
Back