Ford outsells Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford outsells Toyota as April sales tumble. Sixth time in seven months that Ford takes retail market share. Glad to hear it, although no one is out of the woods yet!

AD

Yeah, it's matter of who has enough fat under their belly to weather the storm... none are getting any fatter right now.

Wow just saw that on Automotive News. Its a bloodbath at Toyota...down 41.9%
shocked2.gif
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Funny how you say that, I feel the same way. Toyota makes a great product, although quality is slipping, and the dealers had some lousy attitudes 2 short years ago. Good on Ford, shame as the OP said, "no one is out of the woods yet".

I was thinking about another Jeep in 2011, but I doubt they'll be around. Wish Ford would make the Explorer a little smaller, it would be parked in my garage. Or better yet buy the Jeep division from Chrysler. Wishful thinking.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Funny how you say that, I feel the same way. Toyota makes a great product, although quality is slipping, and the dealers had some lousy attitudes 2 short years ago. Good on Ford, shame as the OP said, "no one is out of the woods yet".

I was thinking about another Jeep in 2011, but I doubt they'll be around. Wish Ford would make the Explorer a little smaller, it would be parked in my garage. Or better yet buy the Jeep division from Chrysler. Wishful thinking.
I agree. I'm a diehard Ford fan and have been through the good times and bad with them in my 28 yrs in the biz. I really believe they will come out of this whole fiasco on top of the heap. NEVER under-estimate the patriotism of the American public. Ford will rule again!
34.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yeah, it's matter of who has enough fat under their belly to weather the storm... none are getting any fatter right now.

I understand what you are saying but "fat" is not the best word to use in these circumstances. The auto companies' problems are due to the fact that they have become too fat i.e. fat executive salaries, fat bonuses and fat wages, leading to not enough money for the product and product development, and not enough cash reserves to weather downturns in the automotive market. Lean companies like Hyundai are doing well enough under the circumstances.

Congratulations to Ford. I hope that they continue to see sales success (relatively speaking in this economy). They finally seem to "get it" and the sales figures reflect the new mindset.

My neighbor has been buying almost nothing but Camrys for the past 10 years or so. He just brought home a new Fusion a few weeks ago.

NEVER under-estimate the patriotism of the American public. Ford will rule again!
34.gif
grin2.gif

Well, as we now know, patriotism will only get the domestics so far.

Ford will be back on top because of their product line. Ford goes through periods of greatness followed by periods of complacency. That seems to be their pattern at least. Now that they are taking their cars as seriously as their trucks, I think we'll see Ford come out on top once the dust settles.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
NEVER under-estimate the patriotism of the American public. Ford will rule again!
34.gif
grin2.gif

Well, as we now know, patriotism will only get the domestics so far.
I agree. They definitely have the product now and in the near future. I think the public will buy American if the product is right and its definitely getting right quick.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I don't think Jeep is going anywhere, even if Chrysler went into Chapter 7, somebody would buy the brand. Despite Chrysler's efforts to dilute its value with [censored] product over the past years, its still widely recognized.

Remember, Jeep wasn't always owned by Chrysler, it's changed hands a few times.

Ford better get their quality "second to NONE" right now! If people are switching brands to give them a try then the ownership experience needs to be the best the new buyer has ever had! If it is then Ford will be able to nail down some loyal repeat customers, if not then they'll just lose some more to Honda and Toyota. I've had 6 Toyota's, a Honda, several Fords, a GMC, a Nissan and a Dodge. The only brands that I cannot say anything bad about are the Honda and the Toyota's. That's why they, Honda and Toyota, have loyal customers that keep coming back and won't switch brands for anything. Out of 4 brand new Toyota's only one went back to the dealership for only one warranty repair and that's it!!!! I have files Full of warranty repair tickets on the GMC, Dodge and the Ford, Dodge being the worst. As vehicle owners we remember those things. Inexpensive to own, operate and reliability that I have come to expect from a new vehicle now a days! This is a opportunity for Ford that they better get RIGHT!

Great news for Ford, I knew it all along. But tough times are ahead, I think they'll come out on top. The QC is there, the product line is good. Now we need to get out of this recession!

Easily said.

I've been driving nothing but Ford', and Mercury, for 25 years now and have never had a bad one yet. Congrats to Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back