Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at some of Ford's products.

In my opionion

F-150 is the best in class
fusion/milan are the best in class
focus is a very nice car
ford OWNS the heavy use fleet market in the USA

If the Fusion had a Toyota badge the sheep would hump it in a parking lot.

I own a 2008 Toyota Sienna. The interior fit and finish is no better than the 10 yr old Ford van it replaced.

I have owned 2 Toyota's. A 2005 Camry that was pretty good and the van which is average at best. Toyota is the most overrated car I have ever seen. Ford is the most underrated.

Quote:

grin2.gif
LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: rshunter
Yeah, ford's getting better. But as far as reliability, that's going to take years and years to rebuild.

Ford already beats Toyota when it comes to reliability. Who else would people like them to beat? Give 'em a target...

Maybe in PERCEIVED PREDICTED RELIABLITY.

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.
LOL.gif

Hey there fordinator; how you doing?

Where you been anyway? Don't tell my you've been trying to get that ford running again. haha j/k.

Nah, Fords run great, Turdinator. Haven't you seen the quality numbers?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:

grin2.gif
LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

LOL.gif

Quote:

grin2.gif
LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

My vote for quote of the month!

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Just look at some of Ford's products.

In my opionion

F-150 is the best in class
fusion/milan are the best in class
focus is a very nice car
ford OWNS the heavy use fleet market in the USA

I own a 2008 Toyota Sienna. The interior fit and finish is no better than the 10 yr old Ford van it replaced.

I have owned 2 Toyota's. A 2005 Camry that was pretty good and the van which is average at best. Toyota is the most overrated car I have ever seen. Ford is the most underrated.

All that is so true..I have steerd several people into F-150'S,Grand Marquis,Crown Vics,and the Taurus..Some were new and some were used..They all thanked me it.

Quote:

grin2.gif
LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I'll second that, or would that be third???

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Yeah, ford's getting better. But as far as reliability, that's going to take years and years to rebuild.

Ford already beats Toyota when it comes to reliability. Who else would people like them to beat? Give 'em a target...

Maybe in PERCEIVED PREDICTED RELIABLITY.

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.
LOL.gif

Hey there fordinator; how you doing?

Where you been anyway? Don't tell my you've been trying to get that ford running again. haha j/k.

Nah, Fords run great, Turdinator. Haven't you seen the quality numbers?
LOL.gif

You forgot to spell check furdinator.

Quality numbers? Haven't seen ANY to be honest.

Originally Posted By: hone eagle
sound familiar

Is this the solution ,build more cars that people dont want and charge less for them?

It's too bad, but ALL automakers are coming out with huge incentives. I think ford's really got some big rebates out there right now too, don't they? Uh...yeah.
The main reason ford's marketshare is increasing is because of the other 2 being in bankrupcy or on the verge.

Nice try though.

sound familiar

Is this the solution ,build more cars that people dont want and charge less for them?

It's too bad, but ALL automakers are coming out with huge incentives. I think ford's really got some big rebates out there right now too, don't they? Uh...yeah.
The main reason ford's marketshare is increasing is because of the other 2 being in bankrupcy or on the verge.
Ford rebates are lowest or second lowest after honda.I'd give you a linq but you would either not read it or ignore it and make a diversionary comment.
Nice try though.

sound familiar

The reason Ford's marketshare is increasing is because they make better cars then the other 2. Did anyone here ever hear of a cab company keeping a Chrysler car for 450K miles...I don't think so...The cab companies would all be out of buisness if they ran all Chryslers.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
sound familiar

The reason Ford's marketshare is increasing is because they make better cars then the other 2. Did anyone here ever hear of a cab company keeping a Chrysler car for 450K miles...I don't think so...The cab companies would all be out of buisness if they ran all Chryslers.

The Ford quality is beginning to speak for itself! Hopefully greed doesn't kick in.

sound familiar

Nice try though.

It's that and the fact that Ford did some smart financial planning before the TSHTF. They also make a better product than Chrysler and GMC. The public is backing that up with their votes (money). Best bet is Toyota learns from Chrysler and GM, and gets that stellar rep that is slowly slipping away back.

AD

You forgot to spell check furdinator.

Nah, Toyota's performance division is TRD. Toyota builds the Tundra. Hence, Turdinator.

Or I could just go back with Turdranator, if you would prefer.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
sound familiar

Nice try though.

It's that and the fact that Ford did some smart financial planning before the TSHTF. They also make a better product than Chrysler and GMC. The public is backing that up with their votes (money). Best bet is Toyota learns from Chrysler and GM, and gets that stellar rep that is slowly slipping away back.

AD

Agreed on most of it.

I do beleive they make a lot better product than chryslerfiat, but i give a slight edge to GM over Ford.

Hopefully, toyota does just that. And i beleive they will in short order. IMO, the camry is my least favorite car in the lineup, and i will never buy one. I had one for a week or so, and to be honest i'd rather drive my corolla. The camry was a real floater on the hiway, mpg sucked, and not good power to me ( 4-cyl ). I don't like the feeling of being on a boat at 70 mph on the freeway either. It was practically new with only 20k miles!
Toyota's had some issues with the camry, and hopefully they can change that. It blows me away though really; we had a 94 DX 4-cyl with the 5-speed, and that was a nice solid car with NO issues whatsoever and it was fun to drive. Don't know what happened to the new ones now though.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Related:

"Ford’s foresight puts carmaker in pole position
Sales are still dreadful, but the No. 2 carmaker is gaining share on rivals
"

That is EXCELLENT News!!!.

Good news ,too bad that good business means going for the throat of your crosstown rivals when they are down but thats the way it is.Local dealers(chyrsler/GM) are starting to put 5-6000 on the hoods of their 2008 and 9's. If Ford can survive these fire sales they will be on the road to profits next year.
They still have close to 20 billion left ,losses are dropping but still close to a billion a month, so unless this economy tanks for 18 more months they should make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back