Ford = More deaths than Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
36.gif

OK, so there are 20 attributed to Ford, 49 for Toyota. Not a math professional, but if I recall correct 20
ref

All,
All auto companies have troubles. How they handle it is what matters. Apperantly Ford and Chrysler have done well because these reports havent been taken near as far as toyota's have.

Quote:
NHTSA’s repeated conclusion that crashes occurred because drivers mistakenly stomped the accelerator became a policy position that caused investigators to take complaints of runaway vehicles less seriously than they should have, safety advocates say.

Perhaps Dealers should have buyers take an IQ test before that sign. Stupid drivers could give the company a bad name!

Ford 549 rollover Explorer accidents 101 fatalities.verses Toyota accellerator problem accidents around 350 alleged.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: willix
Ford 549 rollover Explorer accidents 101 fatalities.verses Toyota accellerator problem accidents around 350 alleged.

Like I said....
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
Quote:
NHTSA’s repeated conclusion that crashes occurred because drivers mistakenly stomped the accelerator became a policy position that caused investigators to take complaints of runaway vehicles less seriously than they should have, safety advocates say.

I can't be the only one who thinks this has BROAD implications for the unintended acceleration issue in general and Toyota's accountability in particular.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
All,
All auto companies have troubles. How they handle it is what matters.

Agree 100%.

It took Audi 15yrs to get there market share back after they're acceleration troubles in the early 80's. Thatn ended up being caused by snowboots being wider than the pedal spacing.

Oh yes, those killer Jeeps. You have to wade through a ways to get to

''The co-worker was at the wheel of the Jeep when the accident happened and told police the engine revved when the vehicle was in neutral and took off when he put it into gear.''

You are in the tight confines of a car wash with somebody close in front of you. The engine revs up unexpectedly, but you put it in gear anyways! How about a criminal negligence charge? And we are beating up on people for not putting it into neutral?

So let me get this straight. The article says Toyota has had 51 UA deaths in the last thirty years. And ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS COMBINED have had a total of 59.

And somehow that translates to a thread Title that says Ford= More deaths than Toyota? Did you get some numbers from somewhere not included in the article. Don't you think it's significant that Toyotas numbers almost equal the total of every other manufacturer combined?

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
So let me get this straight. The article says Toyota has had 51 UA deaths in the last thirty years. And ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS COMBINED have had a total of 59.

And somehow that translates to a thread Title that says Ford= More deaths than Toyota? Did you get some numbers from somewhere not included in the article. Don't you think it's significant that Toyotas numbers almost equal the total of every other manufacturer combined?

Indeed............

Maybe a mod could take a few seconds and change the thread title to reflect reality?????

Some suggestions....

"Toyota UA deaths nearly triple Fords"
"Toyotas UA deaths lead the Industry"
"Toyotas UA deaths over 10X GMs"

This thread title is ridiculus and inflammatory. Unless the OP is going back to 1903 or something. In which case, I could start a thread about all the deaths caused by Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi since 1903....Do we want to go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back