Ford Maverick recall

Not good . Was hoping for better reliability for possible purchase when market cools off .

I have not heard of any real world fires, etc. I think Ford is being cautious. Of course you pull over and stop the engine if you hear a metal-to-metal failure.
It will be interesting to see what the engine problem is... Probably minor.

I mean it is a Ford after all... I'm just kidding Ford fan boys....

It is a fairly new vehicle overall so I would expect a fair amount of recalls but this engine has been around for a few years now so that is interesting. Hopefully they actually have a fix and are just not swapping in faulty engines.

I love it! It reminds me of the commercials for big pharma with lots of smiling people and then they casually drop, " Side effects may include bleeding from the ****, heart attack, stroke and death." No big deal.

"REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL Isolated engine manufacturing issues can cause the engine to fail prematurely. In the event of an engine failure, engine oil and/or fuel vapor may be released into the under-hood environment and may migrate to and/or accumulate near ignition sources, increasing the risk of fire and injury. Engine failure is expected to produce loud noises (example: metal-to-metal clank) audible to the vehicle’s occupants. An engine failure will also result in a reduction in available engine power"

This was from the original link. So if your engine blows up, starts smoking, or lacks power - likely shouldn't drive it. :eek:

In Owner Letters mailed to customers, Ford will advise customers to safely park and shut off the engine as promptly as possible upon hearing unexpected engine noises, after experiencing a reduction in available engine power, or if smoke is observed emanating from the engine compartment.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
...when the market cools off....still waiting.
For this truck-let, yes definitely. I still see low mileage examples for sale for $15K-$20K over original MSRP.

The market for full size half tons and HD trucks has definitely cooled. All the dealers around here have a full lot of big trucks. This makes since, as half-tons you used to be able to walk off the lot in 2019/early 2020 in the low 30s are now in the low 50s and people can't afford them. Likewise for 3/4 and 1 tons, talked to a guy the other day who had bought a 2020 F350 Lariat Powerstroke for $62K, same truck is now $80-$85K. There is some bloodletting coming for the OEMs.

I bought a Nissan Titan XE crew cab in 2004 for $23,400 but could have also had an F150 XLT Supercrew for about the same price. With inflation that same 2004 money is now about $37K in 2023 dollars, but the trucks are nowhere near that. A lot of us are just continuing to flog our old ones, myself included.

I love it! It reminds me of the commercials for big pharma with lots of smiling people and then they casually drop, " Side effects may include bleeding from the ****, heart attack, stroke and death." No big deal.
You should see the side effects for Xentrex.

The US government agrees, if you bought a Ford it probably comes with a plethora of recalls.

IMG_0614.jpeg

Back