Ford Maverick In Service

I was out and about today and was surprised to see the campus landscape service had a new Ford Maverick. I stopped and talked to the guy about it and he said they just got it, having ordered it in November. A gas turbo model and they already had a hitch on the back of it too. I was kind of surprised as it's not the type of duty I envisioned for a Maverick (or likely Ford either) but I'm sure the price is what made this company bite.

20220610_090735.jpg

Corporate overspending is the coolest, especially with municipalities. Glad to see they're not hauling a few tree limbs and a trailer full of weed whackers with an F-250.

Now if we could just convince them they don't need new vehicles every few years.

I was out and about today and was surprised to see the campus landscape service had a new Ford Maverick. I stopped and talked to the guy about it and he said they just got it, having ordered it in November. A gas turbo model and they already had a hitch on the back of it too. I was kind of surprised as it's not the type of duty I envisioned for a Maverick (or likely Ford either) but I'm sure the price is what made this company bite.

View attachment 103426
That Maverick seen more truck use today then most larger pickups ever see. I dont know why man buys a big truck to take his wife shopping.🤔

If he ordered it with the 4k tow package (which he likely did) it comes with a hitch, 7 pin connector and brake controller from the factory. That's pretty much exactly how mom ordered hers. XL/AWD (Which mandates the 2.0 Turbo motor) and 4k tow package.

The only think the XL doesn't come with that can't be optioned is cruise control. Thankfully, there's a fairly simple (For those with the desire to mess around in Forscan) workaround to buy escape steering wheel buttons (~$60) and do some programming in Forscan to enable it.

That's what I could totally see those trucks used for, small little miniature runabouts. They kind've remind me of those Cushmans. Maybe another useful thing for them would be little security guard runabouts.

The local municipality has one as well. Configured the same way except silver. Perfect little truck for the job IMO.

Not a bad little truck. Fits my needs perfectly. I just wish it was either a manual or a normal auto transmission. I would prefer NA but could make due with twins.

Back