Ford Maverick In Service

cushman.jpg

when governments are spending taxpayers $$$ they care LESS. todays fuel prices will likely curb the real truck market!!! i see less of anything on the road these days $$$. retired so i need to drive little BUT my 50+ mpg motorcycles are a fun option for sure!!

The local municipality has one as well. Configured the same way except silver. Perfect little truck for the job IMO.

Not a bad little truck. Fits my needs perfectly. I just wish it was either a manual or a normal auto transmission. I would prefer NA but could make due with twins.

The Turbo motor is a 'normal' 8 speed. The hybrid is not a belt driven unit (Think Jatco/Nissan) but rather a box very similar to what toyota uses (They shared tech long ago) and uses combinations of the electic motor and the gas unit to acheive 'gears'.

It's a little wierd to wrap your head around, but they are proving to be much more reliable than a belt CVT from the looks of it.

If they make a 2 door long bed version I will be sold.
I wonder if they would defer on doing that for one simple reason: someone would load that 8' bed up and tweak something, then Ford would be to blame--the internet would be on fire about it.

Of course, one can overload anything. Was at Home Depot yesterday and saw someone with an Element (?) that was loaded up with pavers. It was sitting pretty low and the guy wasn't done stacking them in. I guess you can do anything--once.

If they make a 2 door long bed version I will be sold.
Smart money is on 'never happen'. Just no market for it and unlike the Ranger where the frames are the same, unibody would require all new stampings and they're (Ford) just not going to do it. I suspect they'll do a hybrid AWD first.

Back