Ford just posted a nice profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1

I knew it would happen.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Just wait till they have to pay back there bank loans they took out a few years ago....
smirk2.gif
Just wait till they REALLY start to blow the other two out of the game.
thumbsup2.gif

One things turn around, Ford will be in an excellent position to pay off the loans and start making money. A lot of the profits will be from the misfortunes of Chrysler and GM. I've got a lot of money riding on this.

A one time deal deal due to write offs, read their sec filings, still 28 billion in the dink. Of course if the shark Mullaley can sucker some more fools in a stock offering, they can raise cash but who in their right mind would buy an auto stock offering??

Just wait till they have to pay back there bank loans they took out a few years ago....

I think they repaid $8billion of that this last quarter.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
A one time deal deal due to write offs, read their sec filings, still 28 billion in the dink. Of course if the shark Mullaley can sucker some more fools in a stock offering, they can raise cash but who in their right mind would buy an auto stock offering??

Funny you say that. Me and the wife bought all we could afford when it dipped below $2. In case you missed it, it just blew by $7 today.

Still a loooooong way for Ford to go. Their NA automotive operation is still losing serious money.

But nevertheless a good glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. They hocked themselves up at just the right time.

I've got a bucket of F bought at fire sale prices too.

I'd still prefer a Co. who borrowed money the old fashioned way than a Co. who had to be bailed out by the taxpayers. The next time I'm shopping for a new car, Ford will be at the top of my list (and GM and Chrysler will be at the bottom).

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Funny you say that. Me and the wife bought all we could afford when it dipped below $2. In case you missed it, it just blew by $7 today.

Good for you, you will be happy when he dilutes your stock by offering new shares. Or you can buy more. My point is he wants to raise cash to help pay off the old debt. He essentially wants to transfer the risk from FORD onto new stock holders. If you want to buy that is great but ask all the GM stock holders and older Ford stock holders who bought when the stock was 25-30$ a few years what hey think??

Good for you, you will be happy when he dilutes your stock by offering new shares. Or you can buy more. My point is he wants to raise cash to help pay off the old debt. He essentially wants to transfer the risk from FORD onto new stock holders. If you want to buy that is great but ask all the GM stock holders and older Ford stock holders who bought when the stock was 25-30$ a few years what hey think??

This is capitalism. Why should I care what they think? I'm going to do what makes me a helluva lot of money.

I think they repaid $8billion of that this last quarter.
reduction

It is debt reduction that drove the one time profit.
$500.000 a month ,I think we had this discussion before Zap.

Uh...they made a profit BECAUSE of previous debt reduction..
33.gif

Uh what they think doesn't matter...unless you missed it the stock market only moves forward in time. Sure it's a chance...but at the current price it is a good deal as the auto market is just starting to move forward.

Stocks are no longer investment instruments that you hold for 20+ years to retire on. The global investment markets changed all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back