Ford is changing the FL-820S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
3.62 at my Walmart. Cheapest I've ever found.
That's about right, at the Wally's around here. I wouldn't consider $4.05 from the dealer excessive.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
That's about right, at the Wally's around here. I wouldn't consider $4.05 from the dealer excessive.

4.05 isn't bad at all.

At autozone they go for 5.99, I don't ever buy oil/filters from parts houses unless there is a really good deal going on.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
At autozone they go for 5.99

What are they smoking?
crazy2.gif
Even Advance has them for about $3.90 around here. To use a cliche', the FL-820S is a lot of bang for the buck.

At autozone they go for 5.99

What are they smoking?
crazy2.gif
Even Advance has them for about $3.90 around here. To use a cliche', the FL-820S is a lot of bang for the buck.

It really is. I haven't checked but I can probably get them for a good deal from a local Ford dealer. He sells me stuff at cost, will be interesting to see what his price is on those.

Quote:

Only $0.40 more than Wally's?? That amazing. The part manager must be giving them away after factoring the real estate that they take up on the shelf.

It really is. I haven't checked but I can probably get them for a good deal from a local Ford dealer. He sells me stuff at cost, will be interesting to see what his price is on those.

what does he sell them to you for? im not showing a price difference yet.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

what does he sell them to you for? im not showing a price difference yet.

I haven't checked yet but I imagine a pretty decent price. I'm going to his dealership on Friday to pick up some tune-up parts for my brother's Taurus and I'll ask him. He said I can have the Motorcraft Mercon V for 4.29/qt which I thought was good.

Who knows though, maybe he can't budge on the FL-820S? I'll post on Friday though.

^ For that price, I'd much rather buy from my dealer. My dealer is 2 mi. from my house, and I can park next to the front door. Walmart is 5 mi. and it takes an extra 10 min just getting into and out of the store/parking lot.

On another forum (f150online.com) I frequent, this topic just came up, they too think this was a bean counting effort. People on there are trying to stock up on the old style filters FWIW.

Paid $3.86 for a FL-820S at AAP today. Didn't notice a size difference don't think it was a new one. Never had a problem installing it on my 04 Duratec I've heard the newer ones are different.

I just bought a 12 pack case of the old style filters on eBay that ended up being $2.94 each (shipped).... Great timing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back