Ford Halting Maverick Orders (Until Summer)

Better get your order in before Thursday (27th).

What a position to be in. A slew of new models that are flying out the door, and you can't make enough of them.

What is Ford's plan here? They axed the Ranger to save F-xxx production. Now they are undercutting the F series with Maverick, Ranger....Bronco

Are they done with the "best selling truck in America" Shlick?

The Maverick is all the truck I'd ever need.
To me a truck should be able to hold a sheet of plywood / drywall flat and 2x4's without sticking 5' out of the vehicle lol. It's a good looking vehicle with a great price so basically a 4 door with a free bed, not my thing though.

What is Ford's plan here? They axed the Ranger to save F-xxx production. Now they are undercutting the F series with Maverick, Ranger....Bronco
They're undercutting everyone, not just themselves.

I remember 1988 when every 3rd car was a Taurus/ Sable. We are going to see Mavericks all over, everywhere, very very soon. But not that soon.

More like going after "we sell all the trucks in America".

I'm not a Ford fan by far, but when I heard they were dropping all the cars except the Mustang I wondered if that was a bad idea.

The way they've been executing lately with the new models, it appears as though they made some good choices.

They can't produce enough to meet demand, but no one can, so.......

If I have one thing that bothers me about the whole Maverick thing, it is the Honda Ridgeline. For years, the ignorant of the world have screamed loudly that the Ridgeline 'IS NOT A TRUCK", but then Ford drops the unibody Maverick and all of a sudden, *SILENCE*.

I find it amusing.

Last edited:
prolly afraid of loosing $$$$$ from selling bloated overpriced "tanks". 2 doors + a 6" box with a V-6 + manual tranny + 4WD is all i need, minus all the added "junk" i NEVER use!!

A perfect vehicle for so many. I see it as the old Datsun pickup reinvented, modern style.
Owners will love 'em.

Yep, I think you're right. Was just talking with my 65yo mom tonight and I think she's going in the morning to place her order. She's still able enough to do her own work around the house and occasionally needs to tote things around the countryside that you wouldn't want to put inside an SUV/Hatchback, and sometimes uses a small trailer to haul larger items to the landfill. She liked my Ranger but isn't a 'truck person', so she's going to go with the Maverick.

Now her sister, who is a truck person, has always driven and used trucks like they're meant to be used, is getting to the point in her life where her Frontier is just too big for what she needs to do (Plus, she's never really liked it since she bought it) and was also thinking about getting one.

Last edited:
When it was announced it seemed like an obvious loss-leader and a paper launch product. Build a lot of hype, advertising and recognition for a product you don't even have to make because of a convenient chip shortage.

I drive for a living and have only seen one Maverick and it was on a dealer lot.

The Tacoma is everywhere the F150 used to be. Just keep ceding market share, it'll all work out.

If I have one thing that bothers me about the whole Maverick thing, it is the Honda Ridgeline. For years, the ignorant of the world have screamed loudly that the Ridgeline 'IS NOT A TRUCK", but then Ford drops the unibody Maverick and all of a sudden, *SILENCE*.

I find it amusing.
The Ridgeline starts at $37k.

The Maverick starts at $19,995.

That's the difference.

I've had trucks all my life, mostly as a second vehicle, full sized trucks used for hunting, towing and hauling. But I am 73 now and my needs have changed. A few years ago I went from a 5.3 Sierra 1500 long bed 4X4 to a crew cab Canyon 3.6 V6 and it suits my needs perfectly now. With a tool box in the bed it probably has about the same usable bed space as a Maverick but I have a 10 ft. utility trailer if I need to haul more. If I were in market for a new truck I would seriously consider a Maverick.

So all of you truck guys making fun of the Maverick, just remember not everyone needs or wants a full size truck. And some people are turned off by how massive 1/2 ton trucks have become over the years. I can park my Canyon, a "compact" truck, next to a mid 90's F-150 and they are about the same size.

Yeah the Maverick would be perfect for my daily SUV duties with the added bonus of being able to carry much larger items.

I don't do a lot of lumber or plywood but I do a lot of large boxes and crates, stands, etc.

I have 2 trucks. A 1990 Ranger XLT extended cab and 2007 Ram 1500 crew cab. I use the Ranger as my everyday vehicle and it has 93K miles on it and my Ram for big truck duties like towing our small 5th wheel. It has 221K miles on it. I would like to check out a Maverick to replace the Ranger just for the extra seating. I don't do a lot of hauling things in the Ranger, but I do need to haul my wife and grand daughters around and those jump seats are not very comfy.

ii have

I thought Ford was crazy to get rid of their sedans. Well, here's your replacement vehicle. 40 miles per gallon for the hybrid or up to 4,000 lb towing for the ecoboost.
I ordered one to replace my gen 1 Ridgeline. I ordered a second one at $3,000 off msrp, to flip and make some $$$. Our two-year-old CRV is worth $8,000 more than what we paid for it. It is a crazy car world. Carvana, vroom, and CarMax are helping drive up the prices of used cars. Cash for clunkers had a long-term impact on the car business and I expect this supply chain and manufacturing problem to do the same.

I thought Ford was crazy to get rid of their sedans. Well, here's your replacement vehicle. 40 miles per gallon for the hybrid or up to 4,000 lb towing for the ecoboost.
I ordered one to replace my gen 1 Ridgeline. I ordered a second one at $3,000 off msrp, to flip and make some $$$. Our two-year-old CRV is worth $8,000 more than what we paid for it. It is a crazy car world. Carvana, vroom, and CarMax are helping drive up the prices of used cars. Cash for clunkers had a long-term impact on the car business and I expect this supply chain and manufacturing problem to do the same.
Ford's thinking: How can we get more people to buy our cars, they only seem to buy our trucks?? We've got it! Build a car with a truck bed! LOL

Back