Ford, GM, FIAT close all US factories

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdn

Ford, GM and FIAT close all US factories.

Ford and GM close all North American factories. Ford to reopen no sooner than March 31.

Tesla in Fremont as well. They are going from 10,000 employees to about 2,500.
Not to mention the local suppliers.
This came hours after the Model Y started deliveries.
They also had hundreds of open positions; they are huge employer in the South Bay.

The SF Bay Area is on "shelter in place"; all non essential business business is shuttered.

Last edited:
I'm pushing the US government into not buying any product with a single piece of Chinasium in it.

In my world ...and I'm nuts.
I'd like to see the bottom 10%-15% of cheap goods no longer produced
>>>Promote it as smart resource usage. Also, things will last longer so adjusting (having less new cheap stuff) will be eased.

I'd like to see responsible economies in the world. Punish baddies.

Lessening of the garbage stream.

Originally Posted by Kira
In my world ...and I'm nuts.
I'd like to see the bottom 10%-15% of cheap goods no longer produced
>>>Promote it as smart resource usage. Also, things will last longer so adjusting (having less new cheap stuff) will be eased.

I'd like to see responsible economies in the world. Punish baddies.

Lessening of the garbage stream.

Let the free market determine the demand. People want to buy cheap goods. Give the people what they want.

Tesla 's model Y. Should be junk like the rest of thir product line. I've driven everything they've made. Not sure of the hype, no aftermarket support and months on waiting for parts as a customer. They screwed two dealerships I've worked for, never again . I sincerely hope they go belly up.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
Tesla 's model Y. Should be junk like the rest of thir product line. I've driven everything they've made. Not sure of the hype, no aftermarket support and months on waiting for parts as a customer. They screwed two dealerships I've worked for, never again . I sincerely hope they go belly up.

In a free, capitalist market without subsidies they would have already been gone. That's probably as much as can be said without a locked thread?

I'm in the transportation business and I transport stuff for all of them. It will be a rough time for me for a while, hopefully it doesn't last long.

Fiat Ford & GM?
Where will ill-informed people go to score a sub-standard over-hyped automobile????

There. That'll Do, Pig. LOck-O-matic.

I suspect the future is going to be a lot more taking care of vehicles so people get 20-25 years out of them instead of 15 years tops in most cases these days.

OEMs, that have largely given the middle finger to doing engineering support of in-service products, may actually start doing so as a promise of long-term brand value.

Could be very bright for BiTOG and the car forum community, as a greater emphasis will be required on maintenance to achieve higher in-service life.

Originally Posted by vw7674
Fiat Ford & GM?
Where will ill-informed people go to score a sub-standard over-hyped automobile????

*Cough* Toyota and Honda also *cough*

Fiat Ford & GM?

Must be SODO lingo?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Fiat Ford & GM?

Must be SODO lingo?

Honda is closed as well due to lower than expected demand, Toyota has many overseas plants shutdown or running with skeleton crews, VW and Hyundai have many overseas plants shutdown or at partial capacity.

Nothing unique here

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Originally Posted by PimTac
Fiat Ford & GM?

Must be SODO lingo?

Honda is closed as well due to lower than expected demand, Toyota has many overseas plants shutdown or running with skeleton crews, VW and Hyundai have many overseas plants shutdown or at partial capacity.

Nothing unique here

I heard on the news that Toyota will shut down starting Monday. Hyundai/Kia is also shutting down. I suspect Nissan is as well.

I am semi retired . Work 4 hours a day . The virus does not seem to have impacted that .

If we shut down , it will have limited impact on me , financially .

Originally Posted by P10crew
In before the ðŸ”

Well, there appears to be a Very Large Elephant in the room that is dominating local, national, and global news at the moment. Hard not to discuss issues that are at least peripheral to it. I consider this thread to be about vehicles, however, since it references auto manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back