Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you test driven a G6 lately?
B-O-R-I-N-G
sleeping.gif

I like the pontiac gto better!! If I was going to get a family sedan I would not buy anything other than an accord its just the best IMO.

The Fusion's pricing seems high compared to the market. Looking at a Camry CE with a 4cyl and 5speed auto runs about $19-$20K compared to a Fusion S or SE. A Civic EX runs about the same price. The Fusion better be THAT much better than these other cars given it's price point.

The Fusion's MSRP is less than of the Camrys.
It sells under MSRP.
It's got cheaper options.
There is a $1000 rebate going on.

The Camry's MSRP is more.
At sells at full sticker.
The options are more expensive
No rebates.

This site is good start to get a feel for pricing in your area.

http://www.carsdirect.com/new_cars/search

Ford like to build cars that look old and outdated in 2 years. The fusion while not vanilla it is nothing special to look at. I'm sure it will be a pretty dependable average sedan like the taurus was.

Late model,low mile Mazda 6s are steal on the used market. Very similar. Look and handle better. Probably better build quality and you don't need to get it serviced at a Ford dealership.

quote:

Originally posted by speedtc:
Ford like to build cars that look old and outdated in 2 years. The fusion while not vanilla it is nothing special to look at.

It will look less dated in the future because it's a clean reasonably pleasant design with nothing faddish about it.

rszappa1, i completely disagree. Let's ask a few hundred of each owner group after 150K.

In the spirit of full disclsure, I owned a Toyota, it was junk.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
Outside looks nice.
Inside, IMHO, blows.
The "Bold Moves" ads make me never want to sit in ANY Ford again
mad.gif

The front grille looks like a Gillette Fusion razor - coincidence?

Scott

My daughter drove a Fusion before buying a new Camry and said the same thing. She said the inside was not nearly as large as the Camry and the materials in the Ford looked cheap and poorly assembled.

Making this mistake in a brand new model to compete with some of the best selling cars in the US is inexcusable.

Good call on the Gillette
lol.gif

Hi

quote:

My daughter drove a Fusion before buying a new Camry and said the same thing. She said the inside was not nearly as large as the Camry and the materials in the Ford looked cheap and poorly assembled.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and here is mine.

I am a high mileage driver, having put over 100,000 on my own car in 25 months, and after driving the fusion, i am pleased to say that i liked it.

Although I havent owned a ford in a very long time, I would certainly consider this new entry.

quote:

Originally posted by PandaBear:
If Fusion is based on Mazda6 and build in Mexico, why does it cost more and take so long to come?

Who says it costs more?
Takes long to come where?

You owned a Toyota and it was junk...Well that proofs that even Toyota has a lemon every 10 or 15 years...How many have ford had? enouigh to make pleanty of lemonade for the summer....

well, no. ask anyone who was stung with the sludge issue. Not fun.

However, I do like the UOA's I see from Toyota's 4.7L and 1.8L engines, very nice!

But, my point in my original post was that Ford better offer something the other's don't offer in this price segment. Even with $1000 rebates, the price difference isn't all that different.

Maybe the Fusion will turn out to be really good long term car? We just don't know. I'm just glad there's no longer the lowly choices between the Esort and the Tempo. Ford has come a long way since those days IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back