Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
How is this car?

Any scoop?

True MPG?

Actual Price?

Good questions, it looks good on the road and the numbers on their website and in road tests look good. A little low on power compared to some of the competition but that doen't bother me. If we were looking for new sedan we would walk into a Ford dealer for a look for the first time in 30 years.

It not a bad looking car, I kind of like the looks of it. Seem to be a fairly good car for the money from the one I test drove before I got side tracked at looking at sports cars. It was down a little on power but seemed to handle well for a family sedan.

Its so new Consumer reports has almost nothing about it as far as history. I believe its based on the Mazda 6 platform.

Outside looks nice.
Inside, IMHO, blows.
The "Bold Moves" ads make me never want to sit in ANY Ford again
mad.gif

The front grille looks like a Gillette Fusion razor - coincidence?

Scott

It's based off the Mazda6, but is being build in Mexico instead of Michigan.
It has had some minor issues shortly after the introduction.
By now it should be as reliable and fun to drive as the Mazda 6 is.
I like the Mercury Milan better. It's basically the same car with more upscale looks.

If it's half the fun and reliable as the EARLY Ford Contours with the MT it should be a good car at a good price. I have a 1996 Contoour with the 2.0L Zetec 4 and 5 speed manual plus the factory aluminum wheels with the 205-60-15 tires.

I bought it new in Dec 1995 and it's still rust free in northern NJ after 10+ years. Plus it runs great, trouble free, and is loads of fun to drive. And what does Ford do? They cheapen it and kill it
crushedcar.gif
. Good going guys
thumbsdown.gif
!

If I needed a new car I would definately consider a new Fusion or Milan. With a MT and wider wheels of
grin.gif

Whimsey

Synopsis of the Ford Fusion:

I was absolutely unimpressed with the model that I saw at the car show. The interior was constructed VERY cheaply. My 20 year old Toyota has better plastic than this car inside!

The Ford Fusion, in conclusion, is a great car for those who want to be on vacation all the time.
Because it feels like you have a rental car!
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
The "Bold Moves" ads make me never want to sit in ANY Ford again
mad.gif

I'm taken aback at the lazy wife driving the rental Fusion picking up her dry cleaning from the drive-through window, spotting the mimbo driving his sister's Mustang behind her in line, and coming on to him by paying for his dry-cleaning and making the attendant give him her card. Could she be any more desperate?

Yeah, really, I've had to shoo away dry cleaning flys like her all the time. What kinda of a guy do women like that think I am anyway? How many slim, perky, well employed, aggressive women can one guy handle?

It's so annoying

You don't get enough tv time to run into the newest Fusion commercial. A lovely young woman drives up to a drive up dry cleaners to pick up her stuff. She sees a handsome man in a Mustang behind her. She pays for her stuff and tells the lady that she wanted to pay for a couple of the guy's shirts ..and asks the lady to also give him her business card. The older lady nods ..and then the announce chimes in with "Bold Moves" slogan. Babe drives off in her Fusion.

Now you have the Paul Harvey "Rest of the story".
grin.gif

Tosh writes:
quote:

". . . the lazy wife driving the rental Fusion picking up her dry cleaning from the drive-through window, spotting the mimbo driving his sister's Mustang behind her in line, and coming on to him . . . Could she be any more desperate?"

LOL! That's the funniest thing I've read all week. You really nailed that commercial. The skank in the Fusion must be STD central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back