Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

But the real point this thread ended up 'proving' is that you must never buy a Ford in the first model year.

How so?

quote:

Originally posted by Win:
A couple of nights ago, down the street, somebody in a Camry (maybe it was the Lexus clone - to me they're pretty much insdistinguishable), and no doubt with a high quality interior, rear ended the back end of a Jeep Cherokee, probably with a low quality interior, but high quality steel where it counts, and the Toyota was reduced to trash.

I couldn't tell much about damage to the Jeep, but I imagine after they peeled the Toyota off, the Jeep drove away.

The Toyota driver was being loaded into an Ambulance (looked to be a Ford) for her trip to the hospital.

Great cars, those asian imports. Maybe they saved enough on gas to pay the hospital bill.

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've had the pleasure of reading on this forum. Bashing Asian vehicles because the front end of the Camry crumpled up in the crash?! That's what a vehicle is supposed to do in a collision!

I'd imagine, had the Camry been a Malibu, Taurus, Jetta, h*ll, ANY car of similar size, the outcome would have been exactly the same.

I guess what I'm getting at is, what was the point of that post?
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

But the real point this thread ended up 'proving' is that you must never buy a Ford in the first model year.

How so?

First 4 model years of the Focus. How many safety recalls are they up to now? If they can cut the Fusion down to 6 recalls in the first 3 years, I call that progress
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/001950ep.html
crushedcar.gif

[ October 09, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: jtantare ]

quote:

Originally posted by TomH:

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
What kind of quality do you think American cars would have if they didn't have Japanese and European competition?

.............shudders at the thought!
shocked.gif

one word. Pinto LOL
competition is good, but Our govt needs to take the tax money and support the working/middle class and not the chronically unemployed and get rid of the foriegn aide I think we send enough of our work overseas, top it off with a free check?

Off topic but Volvo ownership came up earlier in this thread... I was under the impression that Ford owns Volvo automotive, but not Volvo heavy truck division. Anyone know more about that?

quote:

Originally posted by BearZDefect:
Off topic but Volvo ownership came up earlier in this thread... I was under the impression that Ford owns Volvo automotive, but not Volvo heavy truck division. Anyone know more about that?

The car division of Volvo was sold off to Ford in 1999. It was all down hill from there. Now they build Forvos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back