Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by jtantare:
Ok Mr. Japanese Legal Scholar
tongue.gif

According to an article I read a number of years ago, under Japanese law, Ford's percentage of ownership is enough to give them a controlling interest in Mazda.

It may be a case of whomever owns the largest amount of the company (beyond a certain percentage) has the controlling interest.

Call me crazy, but this is no projector headlight as claimed by the writer. Classic reflector high beam / low beam.
 -

car looks good but look at the consumer ratings at edmunds for this car. I looked for lowest ratings and people have complained about the transmission in this car have failed at low mileages.

Ford is using the Mazda platform because it cheaper for them to buy it than develop their own. Nothing more.

This 'joint venture' sharing of platforms, engines etc..is nothing new. Look at Hyundai,Mitsu,Chrysler or Saab,Subaru. This enables the company to cut down on development costs and give us a good product at a competitive price. It would be foolish (and costly) for Ford to develop 'their own' new platform when such a good competent one is available to them at no additional cost.
PS. This is the first Ford I'd consider buying in quite awhile.

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
There are exactly two Edmunds ratings for the Fusion (dated 9/11/2005 and 9/19/2005) Neither mention a transmission problem. In fact both rate the car above 9: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/for...mersdetail.html?dcr_usein=n&modelid=100503262

As far as I know, most dealers got their Fusions within the last month, which might account for the fact that there are currently only 2 reviews.

My bad! I was thinking about the new 05 Ford Five Hundred with people complaining about transmission problems

05 Ford Five hundred Edmunds consumer reviews

Does the five hundred and the fusion use the same engine/transmission?

A couple of nights ago, down the street, somebody in a Camry (maybe it was the Lexus clone - to me they're pretty much insdistinguishable), and no doubt with a high quality interior, rear ended the back end of a Jeep Cherokee, probably with a low quality interior, but high quality steel where it counts, and the Toyota was reduced to trash.

I couldn't tell much about damage to the Jeep, but I imagine after they peeled the Toyota off, the Jeep drove away.

The Toyota driver was being loaded into an Ambulance (looked to be a Ford) for her trip to the hospital.

Great cars, those asian imports. Maybe they saved enough on gas to pay the hospital bill.

quote:

Originally posted by Win:
A couple of nights ago, down the street, somebody in a Camry (maybe it was the Lexus clone - to me they're pretty much insdistinguishable), and no doubt with a high quality interior, rear ended the back end of a Jeep Cherokee, probably with a low quality interior, but high quality steel where it counts, and the Toyota was reduced to trash.

I couldn't tell much about damage to the Jeep, but I imagine after they peeled the Toyota off, the Jeep drove away.

The Toyota driver was being loaded into an Ambulance (looked to be a Ford) for her trip to the hospital.

Great cars, those asian imports. Maybe they saved enough on gas to pay the hospital bill.

Just shows how much a menace to society the jeep is. The body on frame construction is totally incompatible with cars during a crash. Not to mention that the jeep doesn't have to meet any federal standards for a rear impact since it is considered a truck AKA farm implement. Lets see those 2 vehicles after an emegency lane change, on a wet road.

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
The menace to society here is the driver of the Camry/Lexus who caused the accident.

Accidents happen whether you like it not. The Jeep is dangerous for both the occupants and everyone else on the road.

quote:

Accidents happen whether you like it not.

Accidents happen because people screw up.

They aren't the result of "bad luck", much as some people would like that to be the case.

If the Jeep hadn't been there, there could've been a semi trailer or anything else that would've resulted in just as much damage to the vehicle driven by the person who caused the accident.

By the way, I believe that people who cause accidents during rush hour should be fined $1000 per hour per lane that they cause to be blocked.

Laws vary from state to state, but in almost all cases a rear-end collision is the fault of the driver in back. "A basic rule of the road requires that a driver be able to stop safely if a vehicle stops ahead of the driver. If the driver cannot stop, he is not driving as safely as the person in front of him."

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
Does the five hundred and the fusion use the same engine/transmission?

The 3.0L engine is the same, at least the bottom end is...I think the Fusion uses Mazda-designed heads like the Mazda 6 does. I am unsure if the Ford 500 uses these heads or if it uses the Ford heads..the HP difference would indicate that the 500 uses the Ford heads.

The Five Hundred is available with either an Aisin Warner 6-speed transmission or a CVT.

The Fusion is available with a 6-speed (I believe it's the same Aisin Warner as the Five Hundred), and on the 2.3L I4 models, a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed automatic.

Point of this post was that Ford finally has a serious competitor and the quality seems to be there. Their are those that might have owned a Ford 5 to 40 years ago, had bad luck with it, and won't buy one again. Thats fine. I just think this is a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back