Ford Fusion cabin filter

2 years, 20,000 miles. Takes a little longer than in the Corolla.

Attachments

• 20210708_153147.jpg
    20210708_153147.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210708_160923.jpg
    20210708_160923.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 126
At least you're changing it which is more than 99% of other drivers.
You should look at my other post on my Corolla, I went 5 years by mistake. The sad thing is the Corolla takes 5 min tops. The fusion is a little more involved and lots of plastic fasteners that can break. I imagine there are a lot of fusions with the original filter.

Hmm, it looks like this filter doesn’t fit very well. Looks like it’s too long and gets crushed as it’s pushed into the filter slot.

Hmm, it looks like this filter doesn’t fit very well. Looks like it’s too long and gets crushed as it’s pushed into the filter slot.
if you think that's bad... check out the filter origami involved in a Ford C-Max, or Escape...(likely Focus and transit connect as well)
..fortunately, you don't actually have to remove the glove box on these...unlike the Fusion... and the added ride height of the Escape actually makes this a bit easier than the Cmax
https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2013_Ford_C-Max_Hybrid_SEL_2.0L_4_Cyl./air_filter_cabin/replace

I can only guess that the makers of that first video were either trying to show how R&Ring a CAF isn't brain surgery or were making 100 videos that day and stopped caring.

You want crush? Try making a CAF out of home heating filters as some say they do.
It's an unnecessary exercise given the lower prices of CAFs today.

No, that's the amount of squish you have to do to get the filter panel into the slot around the floor, cables in the way, the dash bar, and fuse panel.
I've done it 3 times each in my cmax, and Dad's escape. The escape is slightly easier because it's higher off the ground.

I've done the furnace filter thing in the past...(like 2010) with a 16x20x1 filter, shears, and some duct tape for the raw edges, I could get 4 filters for my friends Pontiac Vibe.

I do agree such efforts of cheapskatery are no longer needed.

Back