Ford Focus Cam pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has a paltry 153kms (just under 100k miles).

If it were my Focus I'd be fine with those OCI's
If I wanted to clean things up a bit I might run shorter OCI's

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Dorian
How long into the OCI is this? That oil puddling up there looks great if it is a higher mileage.

About 3500 miles.

Mine Gott, any oil, even a basic dinosaur one will keep a block clean with such a short OCI. M1 is a real good cleaner, so it might have cleaned out the varnish or sludge from the bad gasket causing the weep.

33.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I'm honestly surprised it's not cleaner under there with M1.
My Focus looks identical (no sludge etc) running Motomaster Supreme conventional oil for 5k miles OCI;s.

My engine is very clean. Any discoloration is the amber colored oil clinging to the head that wasn't wiped off. My OCI was 10K(miles). Notice my pics from the Fusion on page 2. Also this car has a 70% town run.

Last edited:
My Focus looks identical (no sludge etc) running Motomaster Supreme conventional oil for 5k miles OCI;s.

My engine is very clean. Any discoloration is the amber colored oil clinging to the head that wasn't wiped off. My OCI was 10K(miles). Notice my pics from the Fusion on page 2. Also this car has a 70% town run.

I concur, it is very clean.

I'm just saying that my engine on conventional with regular OCI's is similar in appearance.
11.gif

I just I thought it would be cleaner with M1.

I'm just saying that my engine on conventional with regular OCI's is similar in appearance.
11.gif

But you also have half the mileage and I assume are running nowhere near the same OCI length
wink.gif

11.gif

I'm not sure how much cleaner than clean my engine could be. In your view, where is this cyl head need cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back