Ford F150 3.0 Diesel

Hi, does anyone know the part number for a Ford F150 3.0 diesel base engine (built block and heads) what the list price is and availability?

Im interested as we get a lot of Land Rovers with failed 2.7 and 3.0 Diesel engines and I know the F150 engine was supposed to have been improved so looking at this as a repair option.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Does anyone know of a full part number? (I would expect it to be more than 4 numbers but I’m no Ford expert)

JL3Z-6006-D is the full number for the longblock. 6006 is the base number that all longblocks have, well some have 6V012 but they haven't use that on newer stuff.

That’s spot on thank you. Now to find out what a UK Ford dealer thinks of that part number! Seeing as the engine is made in Dagenham it would be nice to not have to ship it back from the USA!

That’s spot on thank you. Now to find out what a UK Ford dealer thinks of that part number! Seeing as the engine is made in Dagenham it would be nice to not have to ship it back from the USA!
The longblocks don't come with any of the required hardware or gaskets to install. The list is extensive. Also it looks like it doesn't come with the EGR cooler setup.

Thanks, that’s fine as it would be a case of seeing what was going to work where between LR parts and Ford. Also bellhousing bolt pattern could be a issue/ adapter plate required

Back