Ford EV will gain access to Tesla Superchargers and come with standard NACS ports starting 2025

I'm a "Tesla People" and my reaction is, "Cool! Glad to meet you!"

The culture around Teslas is unlike anything else. Unlike gas stations people actually talk to each other at Superchargers. Many carry folding chairs to sit outside and chat while charging. Many at a Supercharger are likely to be from out of town.
@demarpaint

Ummmm ... no, right now you're in a micro world of enthusiasts, no rush to go anywhere and could care less about waiting inline for a charge.
Im sure the "culture" will be just as patient as a long gas line during a gas shortage. As we already know, with less than 1% of vehicles on US highways that are electric, fights break out at charge points.
Current EV technology is a step backwards when it comes to "refueling" whenever its takes time away from the consumer. AS advancement would be being able to recharge faster than filling a tank with gas.

EVs are the enthusiast stage far from an accepting public until we get more on the road meaning 15% or more.

Here is something funny and why I say enthusiast as we only always hear the positives such as this post ignoring the negatives. Here is a contradiction. The same people who chat at the charging station have conversations about acceleration times 0 to 60. A lot of good that does you if the gasoline vehicle can recharge in 5 minutes and drive another 350 miles while one sits at the charging station.

Im not knocking EVs at all if that is someones preference, heck, people drive around my community all day long in their electric golf carts. I do think people are kidding themselves if they think lithium powered EVs are going to overtake gasoline. One must accept that one day lithium will be an obsolete way to power a vehicle. Its just a stepping stone. Im not even saying my wife wont have one for her second car that sits all week long without going anywhere or she says to sell it, she wants a gold cart (not kidding, our community is huge.

What is the point of the technology if it's an inconvenience to the public? Typically, a technology saves time for the consumer and why we are just in a holding pattern with current EVs. Like golf carts, they are going to serve a HUGE purpose but they are not going to replace the ICE in its current form.

Last edited:
@demarpaint

Ummmm ... no, right now you're in a micro world of enthusiasts, no rush to go anywhere and could care less about waiting inline for a charge.
Im sure the "culture" will be just as patient as a long gas line during a gas shortage. As we already know, with less than 1% of vehicles on US highways that are electric, fights break out at charge points.
Current EV technology is a step backwards when it comes to "refueling" whenever its takes time away from the consumer. AS advancement would be being able to recharge faster than filling a tank with gas.

EVs are the enthusiast stage far from an accepting public until we get more on the road meaning 15% or more.

Here is something funny and why I say enthusiast as we only always hear the positives such as this post ignoring the negatives. Here is a contradiction. The same people who chat at the charging station have conversations about acceleration times 0 to 60. A lot of good that does you if the gasoline vehicle can recharge in 5 minutes and drive another 350 miles while one sits at the charging station.

Im not knocking EVs at all if that is someones preference, heck, people drive around my community all day long in their electric golf carts. I do think people are kidding themselves if they think lithium powered EVs are going to overtake gasoline. One must accept that one day lithium will be an obsolete way to power a vehicle. Its just a stepping stone.

What is the point of the technology if it's an inconvenience to the public? Typically, a technology saves time for the consumer and why we are just in a holding pattern with current EVs. Like golf carts, they are going to serve a HUGE purpose but they are not going to replace the ICE in its current form.
You tagged me, so here goes. Here's what I think, it is a regional thing. NY region, downstate, Long Island, I'd say 95% of the people here don't have the patience and would want nothing to do with the micro world of EV enthusiasts. In my circle of friends and family members I can honestly say not one of them want an EV and will not buy one until they have no choice, but that's old news here. I'm sure in several other regions of the US people feel the same way. Sunny CA is another story, as you can easily see by following any of these EV threads. Opinions vary.

You tagged me, so here goes. Here's what I think, it is a regional thing. NY region, downstate, Long Island, I'd say 95% of the people here don't have the patience and would want nothing to do with the micro world of EV enthusiasts. In my circle of friends and family members I can honestly say not one of them want an EV and will not buy one until they have no choice, but that's old news here. I'm sure in several other regions of the US people feel the same way. Sunny CA is another story, as you can easily see by following any of these EV threads. Opinions vary.
Yeah, I know that, Im from LI which you know, current technology is a step backwards in convenience and not sure if I ever saw a product that overtook another that actually consumes more of Americans precious time for the same purpose other than enthusiast. I tagged you to see my response.

Yeah, I know that, Im from LI which you know, current technology is a step backwards in convenience and not sure if I ever saw a product that overtook another that actually consumes more of Americans precious time for the same purpose other than enthusiast. I tagged you to see my response.
Be ready for rebuttals...............lol It's just a matter of time, tick-tock.

LOL indeed. One can only declare what a time saving would be for themselves.

Whats worse? A 20 minute extension to a road trip?
Or 52 visits to the gas station a year?

You cannot answer for me, or me for you.

EV detractors always forget that the majority of Americans drive less than 40 miles a day. (GM volt study)

I am not sure why people think EV owners sit at chargers for hours on end. Even when driving over 200 miles in 1 day I don't have to stop. I spend far more time fueling my ICE cars than the Model 3 Mid Range. Plus I have to drive 13 miles each way to Costco to get a decent price. Currently $4.30 to $4.70 per gallon at Costco!

Can't charge at home? More and more companies are offering subsidized charging while at work. Shopping centers; just plug in and do your shopping.

EVs are not for everyone. But I believe many of the naysayer comments have not experienced EV ownership. It's not what you think.

I am not sure why people think EV owners sit at chargers for hours on end. Even when driving over 200 miles in 1 day I don't have to stop. I spend far more time fueling my ICE cars than the Model 3 Mid Range. Plus I have to drive 13 miles each way to Costco to get a decent price. Currently $4.30 to $4.70 per gallon at Costco!

Can't charge at home? More and more companies are offering subsidized charging while at work. Shopping centers; just plug in and do your shopping.

EVs are not for everyone. But I believe many of the naysayer comments have not experienced EV ownership. It's not what you think.

As in many forums most of these people commenting on them have absolutely zero experience.

Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

@demarpaint

Im not knocking EVs at all if that is someones preference, heck, people drive around my community all day long in their electric golf carts. I do think people are kidding themselves if they think lithium powered EVs are going to overtake gasoline. One must accept that one day lithium will be an obsolete way to power a vehicle. Its just a stepping stone. Im not even saying my wife wont have one for her second car that sits all week long without going anywhere or she says to sell it, she wants a gold cart (not kidding, our community is huge.

I just don't like sending China the money for them to make arms that may be used against us. To my knowledge, most EV motors and batteries are made in China. I always make sure that every car I buy is at least 70% USA and North American made. 80% is getting harder and harder to find.

I just don't like sending China the money for them to make arms that may be used against us. To my knowledge, most EV motors and batteries are made in China. I always make sure that every car I buy is at least 70% USA and North American made. 80% is getting harder and harder to find.
Agreed but the Made in America ship sailed away a long time ago. A key reason I bought the Tesla is it is probably the most Made in America you can buy and was built right up the road in Fremont at the ex-GM ex-NUMMI plant.

I agree, sadly most Americans dont care and we cant get into politics.
So I can only go with what the voters vote for, I will continue to vote but the way I see it low price will win unless an equal can be supplied from elsewhere, the country is now in the hands of the young for them to do as they wish and well ... enough said.

PS, born, raised, most of my life on Long Island until 15 years ago that is ;) Life in the Carolinas is an incredible realization of how just crazy its become up there.

It's almost non existent now. There might be a couple of full size trucks, but I think my last F150 was 70% if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I wanted an efficient performance based car and American cars are rarely assembled in the US and very few are good. I know many will say Fiesta ST and Focus ST or RS and they're a blast to drive, but I don't like how Ford's small cars feel inside anyway. I don't feel America has ever had a good grasp on making small cars good. There's been popular ones for sure, but those days have sailed anyway.

As in many forums most of these people commenting on them have absolutely zero experience.

Denial aint just a river in Egypt.
They also don’t know what it’s like to drive one mile and fill your car with gas at $3.25 a gallon at any number of gas stations near their home, correct?
I mean, how can anyone from the West Coast experience that?
We all live in our own little part of the country.
Some people even have solar panels on the roof to charge their cars when it would probably be the last thing on earth I would do at $.10 a kilowatt hour 24 hours a day.

Obviously, the people on the West Coast and we know who we’re talking about in this forum cannot even comprehend these low prices.
But those choices that I made in the voting booth over there.
And I still never understand the argument why even gas prices come up in EV forums when you’re paying a premium for these compact cars.

They also don’t know what it’s like to drive one mile and fill your car with gas at $3.25 a gallon at any number of gas stations near their home, correct?
I mean, how can anyone from the West Coast experience that?
We all live in our own little part of the country.
Some people even have solar panels on the roof to charge their cars when it would probably be the last thing on earth I would do at $.10 a kilowatt hour 24 hours a day.

Obviously, the people on the West Coast and we know who we’re talking about in this forum cannot even comprehend these low prices.
But those choices that I made in the voting booth over there.
And I still never understand the argument why even gas prices come up in EV forums when you’re paying a premium for these compact cars.

Many frequent the tri state areas where Cali, Nevada and Arizona meet, but yes gas in california is expensive as is electricity. I can get cheaper gas over the hill in Reno or under 4 in Arizona where I boat frequently as use the most in short time periods.

Regardless of what you pay you have to go elsewhere to buy it - you cant fuel at home with an ICE unless its out of your own storage that you then have to rotate.

You have to commit to the time and hassle factor of leaving your house to get it with ice, and depending on your schedule you may have to do that weekly, or mid week if a big trip comes up where a BEV may have less overall range it will have that available every morning.

I think we aligned previously on solar - Solar makes little sense at .10C a KWH, I dont see how solar would pay off in any reasonable time unless you know huge hikes are coming.

Ev's also make little sense if you are towing, which you and I both do.

Well, I think we should all buy Teslas and fix that problem.
I as others refuse to purchase a Tesla. Why support the crackpot at the top? And honestly I should have a Choice. I don't like electric vehicles and shouldn't be forced to own one. Maybe we should ban Teslas and all drive vehicles with a manual transmission. To each their own.

I as others refuse to purchase a Tesla. Why support the crackpot at the top? And honestly I should have a Choice. I don't like electric vehicles and shouldn't be forced to own one. Maybe we should ban Teslas and all drive vehicles with a manual transmission. To each their own.
Interesting take. You're free to do what you want no matter how ill informed your decision is. I don't like Elon either, but the company he bought makes good cars and every other charging networks sucks. If you don't want to drive an EV that's fine, but if you do there's no option if you want to make a longer trip in a reasonable amount of time in my area.

I guess you can't take a joke. EVs, Teslas, whatever are not for everyone. FYI, Tesla Model 3 and Y are the most made in America cars you can buy; that's a key reason I bought our car.
100% agree, buy what you want; it's your money.

LOL indeed. One can only declare what a time saving would be for themselves.

Whats worse? A 20 minute extension to a road trip?
Or 52 visits to the gas station a year?

You cannot answer for me, or me for you.

EV detractors always forget that the majority of Americans drive less than 40 miles a day. (GM volt study)
Someone come fill my truck up for me, I’ll obviously pay for the gas (top tier 89 octane please), but sticking my hand into a lathe chuck spinning 1500rpm is almost preferable to stopping for gas at 3am.

Industry magnates, moguls, and leaders are rarely likable people In a tremendous number of cases.

Purchasing or patronizing products based on like or dislike of the guy at the top often leads to accepting mediocre and second rate products and is an impossible position to sustain.

The avoidance list is endless if the decision is heavily weighed on liking the guy at the top.

And clearly your closed mind will never experience having a “full tank” every morning without having to drive a mile to a gas station.
If you paid attention to the market rather than just know everything magically due to your brilliance then you would know the Tesla Model Y, best selling car in the USA, is selling for less than the average new car price.

There is no longer a premium for buying a Tesla.

Back