Ford Escape base model 4-cyl 5-speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
as for holding up, I have a good story -

My fiancee and I went to visit her cousins. As we were driving along, a truck on a side street caught a power line, and snapped a supporting telephone pole on the other side of a cross-street in half. The upper half of the pole proceeded to fall directly upon my fiancee and my heads (in the back seat of the escape).

The roof was crushed, and another few inches and the pole would have been on my head, which was nearly touching the roof.

All in all, structurally, the escape held up quite well and I am very happy it did!

JMH

Are you talking about the 2.3L or 2.0L? If it's the 2.3L you'll be very happy with it. From another forums members the 2.3L is quite adequate in the Escape even with the auto. The 5 speed will help. I have the 2.3L in a Ranger and it's no slouch, good mpg also. I average 27mpg right now, hoping to go back up to 28mpg which you should get the same.

We have the 3.0L Escape and my opinion is it's nice to have the power but the 3.0 is just to powerful for that small suv. And the mpg isn't to great 20-21mpg on average 23 straight highway, about par with the other suv's in the class. No problems with it yet but we've only had it 3-4 months.

As far as longevity here at work the Escapes have over 100k. They are driven 24 hours a day 7 days a week. One will go down about every month. Which doesn't sound to good but no car is built to withstand that abuse. Compared to the Rangers the security companies have which one is down every 2 months, the chevy's never leave the shop it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back