Ford Ecoboost 3.5L Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine Ford Ecoboost 3.5L with 114,000 miles
Pennzoil Plat 5W-30 is all that's ever been used and a MC FL500 oil filter. This sample is 5,700 miles with no makeup oil

5D3ABF46-E614-4FB2-91BB-0C2D23A5BA7D.jpeg

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Friend of mine Ford Ecoboost 3.5L with 114,000 miles
Pennzoil Plat 5W-30 is all that's ever been used and a MC FL500 oil filter. This sample is 5,700 miles with no makeup oil

Wear metals ppm

Cu 10
Fe 11
Cr 0
Al 0
Pb 1
Sn 0
Si 14
Na 0
K 1
B 33
Mo 76
Ni 0
Ag 0
Ti 2
Ca 973
Mg 646
Zn 684
P 543

Oil condition

ST 0
OXD 21
NIT 12
SUL 29
Water 0
Anti 0
Fuel 0
V100 9.6

Hope this helps

I have to ask, you EcoBoost owners who have no fuel dilution, what's your secret? It's not the oil. Is it the lab? Yeah, you have zero (or trace fuel), because we don't actually test (by Gas chromatography), or do you just have a motor without this problem? If no problem, have you had anything done to prevent, or remedy past fuel dilution?

Thanks for posting this. I've been building a spreadsheet that has VOA/UOA's for the 3.5L ecoboost. I'm currently using PP in my 2018. What year is the truck?

Neil

Originally Posted by nlife
Thanks for posting this. I've been building a spreadsheet that has VOA/UOA's for the 3.5L ecoboost. I'm currently using PP in my 2018. What year is the truck?

Neil

nlife your very welcome !

It's a 2016

Originally Posted by Impatient
I have to ask, you EcoBoost owners who have no fuel dilution, what's your secret? It's not the oil. Is it the lab? Yeah, you have zero (or trace fuel), because we don't actually test (by Gas chromatography), or do you just have a motor without this problem? If no problem, have you had anything done to prevent, or remedy past fuel dilution?

To be honest about this truck
This truck is driven everyday from home to work about a 80 mile round trip
And also this truck is driven hard my buddy has a big heavy foot and he runs this truck wide open as much as he can
Loves to hear those turbos spool up and sing
So maybe that's the secret to burning off the excess fuel
I don't know

Bet you are on to something there ^^^^^^^

Kick the tires light the fires.. run hard and fast
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
Bet you are on to something there ^^^^^^^

Kick the tires light the fires.. run hard and fast
lol.gif

🤣🤣🤣
That's his motto !!
He sticks his #15 shoe through the firewall as often as he can !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back