Ford Dealer wanted $320 to Flush Tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my newly acquired 2016 Ford Fiesta SE with 1.6L engine and 57k miles there today. I was set back by this. I didn't like that place at all. He wanted me to apply for credit to have them flush my (AT) tranny for $320. The owners manual say it should be replaced every 150k miles, but they say every 30 to 50k miles. He blamed the high cost on some type of special AT fluid the car would need. He also said Ford would be quicker to accept a claim on the 100k warranty if I had had them flush my tranny for $320. Right. Almost like he was bribing me. He also showed me other high prices for replacing the brake fluid, coolant, etc. I was glad to leave there.

Then I called a Ford dealership 75 miles away, where the car was bought new. They would do the same job for $185 + tax. I have the 1.6L TIVCT I-4 engine.

I was referred to a good transmission man here in town who will replace the AT fluid for about $120 which seems like a good option for me.

I can see why they call them stealerships now. It's depressing to be there.
The greed of these outfits is depressing to see.
I find it sad to see innocent people being scammed by these high prices and the service writer letting on that this is their only option.

...and this is a problem how?

Considering that Ford's method is going through a couple of drain and refills, it is costing a lot of fluid to do it, combined with their labor rate.

I stay as far away from a dealership as possible. They get the sale, recalls and warranty work, and an occasional part, nothing else. Most dealerships in my neck of the woods will try and screw their customers any way they can. There are a handful of good ones, finding them is tricky. I'm thankful I have a friend at a local Jeep dealership, he made recall work a pleasant experience vs. an annoying attempted up-selling PITA. The lesson here, shop around, or DIY.

Last edited:
It's about $200.00 to "flush" (really an incorrect term) most transmissions. That being said-I really don't understand threads like this. OK-somebody wanted to gouge me-I found it cheaper at another dealer, even cheaper at an Independent, cheaper still if I do it myself.

Breaking news here.........

isn't the transmission is dual clutch power shift? if it is, isn't it just 2qts drop and refill for tranny fluid?

Originally Posted by CKN
It's about $200.00 to "flush" (really an incorrect term) most transmissions. That being said-I really don't understand threads like this. OK-somebody wanted to gouge me-I found it cheaper at another dealer, even cheaper at an Independent, cheaper still if I do it myself.

Member doesn't know how or when to scroll on by a post he doesn't understand, so instead he insults the OP.

Originally Posted by parshisa
isn't the transmission is dual clutch power shift? if it is, isn't it just 2qts drop and refill for tranny fluid?

Yes, DCT. The manual says it takes 1.8 qts.

Good job calling around. That's what you should be doing. The D/F on that car doesn't look too hard. "Flush" should be pretty easy too.

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
Good job calling around. That's what you should be doing. The D/F on that car doesn't look too hard. "Flush" should be pretty easy too.

Thanks.

Maybe I'll be able to find out from the transmission shop where the D/F places are located, or find out on youtube.
I saw them for a Fiesta but could not locate a drain plug under my engine.

It is suggested you take your concerns to the dealer or find a private shop.

Dealer bashing gets us nowhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back