Ford 6.7 psd oil filter 4.99 @ oreilly

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
Not sure if this is local to me but oreilly has the
MicroGard
MicroGard Oil Filter MGD MGL57151
for 4.99 right now. Almost 100% sure this is a wix made filter so I consider this a smoking deal

For $4.99 I don't know what the excitement is all about. This is from OReilly's web site, sounds like a $3.99 filter at best to me.

"Recommended for traditional oil and filter change intervals, typically 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Laboratory Test Performance per ISO 454812 13 grams dirt , 95% efficient at 29 microns".

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
For $4.99 I don't know what the excitement is all about. This is from OReilly's web site, sounds like a $3.99 filter at best to me.

"Recommended for traditional oil and filter change intervals, typically 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Laboratory Test Performance per ISO 454812 13 grams dirt , 95% efficient at 29 microns".
Perhaps. It's stamped made in USA and looks identical to the wix. I guess we'll see after 10k how it looks. I got 2 of them so I'll have at least 20k of uoa on them. Also those tests were based on a different filter but I see your point.

Edit:. That test is based on filters with cellulose media. This filter claims to have the better microglass media. I guess I could buy another and do a c&p. Might do that.

Last edited:
Perhaps. It's stamped made in USA and looks identical to the wix. I guess we'll see after 10k how it looks. I got 2 of them so I'll have at least 20k of uoa on them. Also those tests were based on a different filter but I see your point.

Edit:. That test is based on filters with cellulose media. This filter claims to have the better microglass media. I guess I could buy another and do a c&p. Might do that.
Curious what tier level Wix, my thought is probably along the lines of a NAPA silver/protech manufactured Wix. 95% @ 29 microns would make it absolute I’m guessing in the 40 micron range.

For a dollar less, I would use a Fram Extra Guard before that filter, it also claims microglass media and has better efficiency. My personal choice for your application would be a Motorcraft. For an initial run, I sure wouldn't go for a 10k run on them.

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
For a dollar less, I would use a Fram Extra Guard before that filter, it also claims microglass media and has better efficiency. My personal choice for your application would be a Motorcraft. For an initial run, I sure wouldn't go for a 10k run on them.
If you could point me to the extra guard for 3.99 I would appreciate it. That's cheaper than I've seen them by about 10 bucks or more.

For example it's 22 dollars at Walmart

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
Ok just as I thought. Lubener comes here thinking he's the smartest guy in the thread and ends up proving the opposite.

Implying we are all stupid for thinking this filter is a good deal at 4.99, telling us that a better filter can be had for 3.99 and then disappearing because he can't back up the claim.

I put this filter on and already have 1k on it. About another 6-8 k and I'll do a c&p for the forum.

Ok just as I thought. Lubener comes here thinking he's the smartest guy in the thread and ends up proving the opposite.

Implying we are all stupid for thinking this filter is a good deal at 4.99, telling us that a better filter can be had for 3.99 and then disappearing because he can't back up the claim.

I put this filter on and already have 1k on it. About another 6-8 k and I'll do a c&p for the forum.
I missed the engine on your heading, my mistake. You dragged this thread on long enough with your cheap jobber filters with nobody responding since Saturday .I hope your big head fits into your hat on these cold days.. You can continue being an instigator with your worthless chatter if it helps your ego but it is time to move on.

Last edited:

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
I did a C&P of this filter vs the WIX for anyone that is interested.