Ford 4.2L Essex V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the deal. The place where my dad works to getting ready to wholesale out one of their old trucks that I'm thinking about picking up (they sell them under $1000). Anyways, its a 2003 F150 XL reg cab long box with a 4.2L Essex V6. Currently has 190K on it. Runs like new and transmission is in great shape. Serviced every 3K. I know it almost has 200K, but has anyone had experience with this motor with over 200K? Seems like a great truck but just wondering. Thanks!!

Ive actually been looking for a reasonable work truck like that for a little while. I would jump on that deal, miles may be high, but a good service record plus excellent price means that you can put a few hundred into it and take it all the way to 300K easy.
Is it a manual or auto?

under $1000! Consider it sold. You be insane not to. You'd easily make your money back if it didn't work out for you.

For under 1K bucks and serviced every 3K miles I seriously would have bought it already if I was in the market for one...It is next to impossible to find a truck [or any vehicle] serviced every 3K miles these days..The mileage is high but the price is definitely right.

Grab it. For all you know it could have short rear end gears and not have stressed the engine that badly.

And for a company truck, the less power, the better for the employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back