Forced by PO to return a car I owned for 4 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
or put sardines or limburger cheese on the engine block. my dad told me about this one. he did it to a guys car back when he was young and he never could get the smell out after it baked in lol.

I doubt the car will ever get re-registered. I was going to suck out the MTF after driving it back, but my cousin showed up and ruined the party. Just to re-cap: I feel the PO had no legit claim to the car after giving it to my lil cousin, who had the unsigned title. I put my name on the title and gave it back to the PO to have notarized, as they agreed. They then called my cousin and demanded the car back citing "conditons" that they gave it to my lil cousin, not me blah blah. My lil cousin later produced their graduation card "Enjoy the Saab" was written in it...a joke? To make my older cousin happy, I "gave"/sold the car back, she paid me the $200 I originally gave her son plus $100 for my effort. I really did not care if a friend wanted the car, or my lil cousin wanted it to drive $300...whatever. The PO was abusive and demanding AND had no legit claim. It was VERY hard for me to return it, going aginst my nature, but my older cousin cannot deal with the B-S, having to take care for her mom and dad. I was also mad my cousin had to pay for the work I did on the car, but she could have just not gotten involved. Everyone in my family is on the same page, the PO/neighbour was WAY out-of-line. The PO was making a lot of assumptions, like I did not want or need the car, say my wife needed to drive it??? They told me it was my problem that I worked on the car. I really hate those people now, so does my cousin. 30 years of being GOOD neighbours, down the toilet over a junk car or even just the $100 for my labour. Where does one buy cockroach eggs anyway?

Last edited:
If the car is not tagged and its an area that does not allow untagged/registered cars to set in the yard - go the authorities....then they will have to get it running and go thru all kinds of stuff to get tags or get it towed away and pay storage. More of a pain to them and entertainment for you.

heres the real lesson. you never buy a freakin car truck or scooter without getting the title transfered over to you the SAME DAY!

youre cousin messed up by not getting it transfered over to his name. thats mistake 1. you messed up by not getting it transfered to youre name. mistake 2.

thats like the #1 rule of buying anything in the world. ownership.

i know what you were thinking. maybe you wouldnt pay the title fees so you can save some cash sence you were going to sell the car anyways. its just a bad way to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back