Force Field Oil Filter Magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Filter-Mag and have great results, plus I can see what it catches when I cut the filters open!

I think it's cheaper too!

When my engine was breaking in I caught a lot of stuff in the filter. Looked like someone threw sand against the side walls of the filters can. (It caught lots of metal bits) But now it only catches a few bits here/there because the engine is broken in and not wearing now that everything is seated and worn together I think.

I'm going to be posting a cut open EAO filter after 15K KM (9K Miles) for everyone to see, hopefully it will show you some of the debris, if any... I will do some WOT to help it along.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I use a Filter-Mag and have great results, plus I can see what it catches when I cut the filters open!

I think it's cheaper too!

Yep, if you cut the filter open you can see exactly what the FilterMag catches ... plus FilterMag never wears out ... the Force Field unit is sealed and you can't clean it - must be changed out at 50K miles.

This little demo sold me ...
wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjssdrZP4t4

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
wink.gif

I gotta have one!!!! Nice zoom in with the camera...

Thats a great video...though you have to wonder if most of those particles would have been caught by the filter if no mag was present?
Also, what happens if that thing falls off during service...all that metal released at once?

Originally Posted By: pzev
Thats a great video...though you have to wonder if most of those particles would have been caught by the filter if no mag was present?
Also, what happens if that thing falls off during service...all that metal released at once?
It keeps the media in the filter free of these "Bigger" particles leaving more area for filtration and less restriction for oil flow which is a plus. Especially in my filters which are quite small.

As for "Falling Off" these Filter-Mags are so strong you have to almost pry them off your filter with a screw-driver. So no worries there!

Originally Posted By: pzev
It keeps the media in the filter free of these "Bigger" particles leaving more area for filtration and less restriction for oil flow which is a plus. Especially in my filters which are quite small.

As for the "Falling Off" these Filter-Mags are so strong you have to almost pry them off your filter with a screw-driver. So no worries there! The one stuck to my filter has never fallen off and I use my vehicle 8-10 hours a day on some really rough roads and weather conditions. Also the one I put on my Transmission has been there for 3 years and hasn't moved!

I recently drained and refilled the manual transmission in my 04 Ram at 27k miles and it was pretty muddy looking. The drain plug magnet had a large amount of metal on it. Maybe I should get one for my transmission, as for the oil filtermag I'm sold on that.

Their products work... I don't buy into things easily unless I see results with my own eyes and I couldn't turn up bad things on the Filter-Mag, so I bought one. I drove 5K KM and cut open a filter and I was astonished what I saw. I wish I was a BITOG member then and took pictures!

I would get the Tranny one. I got one because my Transmission has a "Lifetime" filter in it and I wanted to keep as much junk out of the filter as possible.

Yea, I'm a little concerned after seeing the fluid that came out of my transmission and it has no filter. Maybe the previous owner didn't know how drive a manual. Did you just order your magnets direct from filtermag?

I ordered them from a Distributor in Canada because it was cheaper for me because of Duty I would pay if I ordered them from the US.

But you can order them from them directly I think.

Originally Posted By: sw99
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
wink.gif

I gotta have one!!!! Nice zoom in with the camera...

Just keep remembering...

"So, you need a Filtermag"
thankyou2.gif

I use Klearforce magnets on mine as they were ceaper than the Filtermags ones.

I just thought this Forcefield magnet has alot of contact with all the oil that passes thru it where the Filtermag and the magnet I have only covers a small protion of the filter.

I think the opposite of StevieC: I think the magnets are good at catching the particles too small for the filter to catch but still cause wear to the motor.

**I think this is extra insurance especially when your filter might go into bypass mode.

Last edited:
Here is what mine caught in a Taurus with 125,000 miles and a 7,000 mile run for first time.
taurusfilter_1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back