For you Old Technology Junkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early hits that made significant use of the synthesizer that I remember were Elton John's "Rocket Man" and of course "Frankenstein" by The Edgar Winter Group (They Only Come Out At Night album cover is still fresh in my mind's eye)

Very cool video.

I remember a lot of the 70s bands taking full advantage of Moog synths. Styx is one that comes to mind.

I'm still amazed at technology in general going back over a century. But the last 1/2 century of technology is sure accelerating at a rapid pace.........

Curiously, Wendy Carlos seems very protective of her work, this seems to be a redo, but it's pretty close to the original. Searching "Switched On Bach" (1968) or "The Well Tempered Synthesizer" (1969) doesn't seem to yield any uploads from the original albums.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA

Curiously, Wendy Carlos seems very protective of her work, this seems to be a redo, but it's pretty close to the original. Searching "Switched On Bach" (1968) or "The Well Tempered Synthesizer" (1969) doesn't seem to yield any uploads from the original albums.

I've got the Switched on Bach lp someplace,I'll have to dig it out. Another KILLER Moog lp is "Black Mass" by Lucifer (1971 UNI label lp). It's composed by Mort Garson who did a lot of awesome Moog stuff in the 60s-70s.

Wendy Carlos composed the soundtrack for the original "Tron" from 1982. Unusual and interesting.

My favorite has been the 1974 "Snowflakes are Dancing" album by Tomita. Here's a sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back